Like No Udder

• Friend
Contact 401-228-3880

170 Ives St, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, 02906

Vegan ice cream truck turned brick-and-mortar at this location since spring 2016. In addition to soy based soft serve, the shop offers 12 flavors of hard ice cream made from a variety of bases (cashew, peanut, coconut). Has ice cream soda floats, shakes, and unicorns where the soft serve has the toppings whipped in. Sells vegan candy bars, jerky, and other snacks. Open seasonally - check ahead.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by will-travel-for-food

Udderly Delicious - Edit

Keeping a roster of off-highway food joints that are both vegan and delicious is a most for any frequent traveler. Tonight we add, with joy, Like No Udder. Wonderful vegan ice "cream" and desserts will surely make our mouths water as we approach Providence.

LOVE IT! - Edit

Review is for the PARLOUR!
Offers soy, coconut or cashew based hard ice cream in variety of flavors (3.50$) and soft serve soy or coconut based vanilla or chocolate ice cream (3$) with many options for toppings (75cents each). There is gluten free cone option for additional fee. Also serves shakes, floats, sundaes and a small selection of vegan snacks. We had chocolate hard serve with coconut whipped cream and a vanilla shake, both tasted divine. Very friendly staff and lovely interior - colorful, playful, great place to take kids to. All cups and spoons are made from sustainable plant based plastic which is compostable. If you are vegan, care about environment or simply love ice cream, you should visit this place!

Pros: Delicious, Cruelty free and earth friendly, Great atmosphere

YES - Edit

Finally some decent vegan soft serve! I remember gorging myself on creamy soft serve ice cream as a kid, and I can finally do that again. Like No Udder's chocolate/vanilla swirl tastes like my childhood :) Plus, they have a storefront that just opened that apparently has a wide variety of hard ice cream from coconut and/or cashew base. I saw the flavor list on their website and I can't wait to try!

Pros: Creamy, delicious goodness, It's a vegan ice cream truck. C'mon.

Udderly fantastic! - Edit

Creamy delightful soft serve that is vegan - what's not to like? If you can track down her truck then definitely make the effort. She updates Facebook regularly with her various stops. If you have the opportunity to try it you won't be disappointed!
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 28, 2011

Pros: vegan, friendly, tasty

Cons: long lines

Obsession - Edit

I have an obsession with Like No Udder and I love that it can only be found it Rhode Island (is that greedy?) Their ice cream is the bomb and so are the owners!! I love the variety of vegan candy bars they also sell.

Pros: Shakes, Toppings

Cons: Not all year round :(

Yum! - Edit

I don't know how healthy these treats are, but every ice cream I've tried is so tasty! I adore this truck, but like most vegan treats it is a little pricey

Pros: delicious, convenient, unique to the area

Cons: pricey , limited availability

The best! - Edit

The best vegan ice cream I've ever had! My friend who's not a vegan had it as well and she thought it was wonderful. Definitely worth hunting the truck down next time you're around Providence!

Pros: Friendly, personable service, Great food, Healthy-ish

Cons: Hard to track down sometimes

good people, good treats - Edit

the folks that run like no udder provide excellent customer service. i always stop by the truck whenever i pass through new england. the milkshakes are my favorite, but everything i've sampled has been top-notch.

Pros: vegan milkshakes, vegan soft serve, vegan owner

Hits the Spot! - Edit

First of all, LOVE the concept! I tried the chocolate soft serve at Boston Veg-Fest and it was awesome! Infact, I got another one before leaving! Downfall is that they aren't open all year round (which makes sense but sucks). Decent selection: vanilla/chocolate soft serve, cup/cone, toppings, milkshakes, and slushy drinks. Woman serving seemed very nice, I think she was the owner. Love it! Can't wait to get some this April and feed my soft serve craving.

Pros: Great soft serve, friendly server

Cons: Not open year-round

Utterly Delicious! - Edit

Having been a huge fan of what she had to offer back in her Screaming Vegan days, we couldn't have been more excited to see Karen bring the first Vegan Ice Cream Truck to RI. The soft served ice cream got us through many a hot summer day this past year, and we look forward to another summer filled with visits to the ice cream truck. Karen and whoever else may at times be working the truck are great about keeping you updated on their current location via twitter.

The shakes and floats are great, but we're soft serve addicts now so you'd be hard pressed to find me near that truck without a cone in my hand. Well worth it, and delectable.

Pros: Vegan Soft Serve!, Vegan Soft Serve!, Vegan Soft Serve

Cons: : /, : /, : /

Awesome! - Edit

What delicious soft-serve vegan ice cream! I really appreciate that the owner offers gluten-free cones. Nice selection of toppings, friendly service, and everything is vegan.

Pros: delicious vegan soft-serve ice cream , gluten-free cones, friendly service

Delicious vegan soft-serve - Edit

I love Like No Udder. The owner has really perfected the recipe, so her vegan soft-serve is now second to none and sold at very reasonable prices. The fact that one can get a gluten-free cone makes this gem on wheels even more precious.

Pros: delicious soft-serve, friendly and accommodating owner, if you are lucky, it will come to you!

vegan soft serve! - Edit

i had a cup of vanilla soft serve with peanut butter sauce on the 4th...i had read the above review and was nervous it was going to taste like coconut (i personally hate all of the coconut ice cream products out there) but it was SO GOOD- hit the spot on the fourth. like no udder also posts the truck's location on FB/twitter with a cell number so you can always find out where it is.

Pros: soft serve!, toppings!, always know where the truck is

Good concept and nice folks -- but pricey! - Edit

We stopped at the Like No Udder truck while visiting the Providence Rock and Roll Yard Sale at Grant's Block. I ordered a pistachio shake ($5) and my husband ordered a rootbeer float with vanilla ice cream ($5.75). The shake was made with both vegan vanilla ice cream and coconut milk, which made for a thick shake. The pistachio flavor was very subdued however, and it basically tasted like a vanilla and mild coconut shake. It was nice -- but quite not worth $5 for a small serving. My husband's root beer float was okay -- but, again, $5.75 is steep for a small serving of soda with a scoop of ice cream in it. Also, we did find a small black hair inside his vanilla ice cream. (The woman working the truck had long grayish hair, so it was definitely not from her head.) We just plucked out the hair and continued drinking the float because those kinds of things don't really bother us. Also, we didn't want to embarrass the Like-No-Udder worker since there were many people standing around the truck. A vegan ice cream truck is a great concept -- but, for the price, we'd prefer to get our vegan ice cream from Kafe Lila in Pawtucket. I wish Like No Udder luck with their venture!

Pros: vegan offerings

Cons: very pricey, smaller portions, found a hair in the ice cream

Return to Providence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Like No Udder closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4393 times since May 2010.