• LifeSource Natural Foods

• (10)
  • Health-food-store Health Store

Natural food grocery store stocking organic and natural foods, fresh vegetables and fruits, cereals, nutritional supplements, and deli hot foods and organic salad bar. Has vegan sandwiches,daily vegan pizza specials, and prepared vegan bowls to go. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm. Open daily.

Venue map for LifeSource Natural Foods
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by eggfnp

audreyhebing

Points +65

06 Aug 2021

Best local grocery store!

The widest selection of vegan products I’ve found at any Salem grocery store. The deli has multiple options from Higher Taste and Snackrilege. In addition to branded products, there are always several vegan housemade deli options, including some fabulous ranch dressing, pizza, baked goods, wraps, and salads (e.g. potato salad, etc.). Best of all, they are expanding into the old Party City space and will be able to offer a much wider selection!

Pros: Great vegan selection, Friendly and helpful staff , Locally owned

Cons: Can be expensive, Sells meat

Sage🌱

Points +129

20 Sep 2020

Hard-to-find things are here!

If I ever need something that is not in most stores: a plantain, vegan chocolate, gluten free desserts... I will always come here! Serves take-out food, organic juices, and organic produce. I love how this store is stocked with many items that are environment-friendly and value helping the community.

Pros: Lots of vegan/vegetarian goods

Cons: Some things here are expensive

LindsayNeussl

Points +788

24 Jun 2020

Such a great find!

Cute clean health food store with vegan baked goods and take out food.

Pros: Lots of healthy vegan options

GeminiMamma

Points +22

05 Jul 2018

LifeSource is a blessing!

It’s wonderful to have a grocery in the area who is forward thinking with their compassion to earth and animals. Their sustainability, community awareness, and local events are exactly what I value. They have knowledgeable staff and a wide variety of produce/products.

Pros: Lots of vegan options. , Veg-friendly salad & hot food bar, So many products available from shampoos, to food

Cons: Expensive, There’s only one location in Salem

yhixson

Points +78

23 Feb 2018

A gem!

Lifesource is a Salem gem. The hot deli is good. I wish it had more vegan options. They have excellent vegan pizza and make a pretty good custom vegan sandwich as well. Kombucha on tap, desserts in the refrigerator (wish their were more vegan options), fresh juice, and the list goes on! This is a great little store with friendly, helpful staff.

Pros: Good deli, Nice environment, Lots of selection

Cons: Wish their were more vegan options in the deli

Arthousebill

Points +3459

07 Apr 2016

A longtime favorite

Being from Salem,but having traveled extensively, I always return to this store as a longtime favorite, for its choices, quality all organic produce and staff. They have a great deli, great homemade food, love their grab and go. While their vegan deli options are heavily vegetarian, the vegan choice vary day to day. Their daily fresh pressed organic juices are the best! And reasonably priced. You can usually find some good stuff on discount and clearance too. My big

Pros: Staff, Quality and selection of products, Tasty deli

Cons: Deli could be mor vegan

deadguy83

Points +37

28 Jun 2010

My lifesource.

Lifesource is Salem's only real health food/ natural food store. I love this store because it has a great crunchy atmosphere and lots of vegan options. My most recent favorite junk food from Lifesource is Dandies vegan marshmallows. I also appreciate the choclolate section and the deli, which is full of amazing hot food, like ginger tofu, basmati rice, spiced veggies etc.. Pizza rules too.

Pros: Great food, Cool atmosphere, Nice employees

Cons: Kinda far from my house., Only one location., nothing

KickinItRaw

Points +18

Raw
15 Mar 2010

My Primary Source of Food

I can spend hours in our local LifeSource Natural Foods Store. While I love the availability of fresh, organic foods and resources, I find the prices to be quite high, limiting the amount of healthy (organic) food I am able to eat. What I like the most about them, is their staff's knowledge of specialized products and how they go out of their way to help you. I have only had one unfortunate experience with them to date--and I suspect it can happen to anyone who sells organic produce. I brought home a great deal of Kale only to find out there were a ton of living bugs all throughout the bunches. That freaked me out a little, and wasted valuable money, but I understand how that could happen. I wish we could get organic food a little cheaper in our area. I can only supply myself with organic, raw foods 1/2 to 3/4 of the month.

Pros: variety, expertise, availability

Cons: pricey

evawin

Points +16

Raw
03 Feb 2009

Best Health Food Store Ever!

I love this health food store! It is clearly a mom and pop operation, but they have a great selection of organic bulk items...even organic oat groats and organic honey and agave! They always have beautiful produce. They should pat themselves on the back for being an outstanding small business. I only wish I didn't have to drive over two hours to go there. However, it's well worth the drive!

eggfnp

Points +11

Mostly Veg
09 Feb 2008

Great Store

LifeSource is a terrific resource for Salem. It's recent renovation and expansion have provided a light and pleasant dinig area. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a wide variety of foods available. Good produce section. Large selection of supplements and such (may be pro or con depending on your point of view.)

Pros: friendly staff, good selection, healthy food

Cons: too many supplements