LifeSource Natural Foods

• Health Store
Contact 503-361-7973

2649 Commercial St SE, Salem, Oregon, USA, 97302

Health food market stocking organic and natural foods, fresh vegetables and fruits, cereals, nutritional supplements, and deli hot foods and organic salad bar. Has plenty of vegan products. Open daily.

First Review by eggfnp

A longtime favorite - Edit

Being from Salem,but having traveled extensively, I always return to this store as a longtime favorite, for its choices, quality all organic produce and staff. They have a great deli, great homemade food, love their grab and go. While their vegan deli options are heavily vegetarian, the vegan choice vary day to day. Their daily fresh pressed organic juices are the best! And reasonably priced. You can usually find some good stuff on discount and clearance too. My big

Pros: Staff, Quality and selection of products, Tasty deli

Cons: Deli could be mor vegan

Excellent! - Edit

This is an awesome place to get a quick bite to eat and be confident you are eating good wholesome food. They have a nice salad bar, includes hot entree options, great homemade soup, and a variety of other options. I travel extensively and prefer this type of eatery as it's quick, healthy, and I get to brows the isles afterwards for natural goodies!

My lifesource. - Edit

Lifesource is Salem's only real health food/ natural food store. I love this store because it has a great crunchy atmosphere and lots of vegan options. My most recent favorite junk food from Lifesource is Dandies vegan marshmallows. I also appreciate the choclolate section and the deli, which is full of amazing hot food, like ginger tofu, basmati rice, spiced veggies etc.. Pizza rules too.

Pros: Great food, Cool atmosphere, Nice employees

Cons: Kinda far from my house., Only one location., nothing

My Primary Source of Food - Edit

I can spend hours in our local LifeSource Natural Foods Store. While I love the availability of fresh, organic foods and resources, I find the prices to be quite high, limiting the amount of healthy (organic) food I am able to eat. What I like the most about them, is their staff's knowledge of specialized products and how they go out of their way to help you. I have only had one unfortunate experience with them to date--and I suspect it can happen to anyone who sells organic produce. I brought home a great deal of Kale only to find out there were a ton of living bugs all throughout the bunches. That freaked me out a little, and wasted valuable money, but I understand how that could happen. I wish we could get organic food a little cheaper in our area. I can only supply myself with organic, raw foods 1/2 to 3/4 of the month.

Pros: variety, expertise, availability

Cons: pricey

Best Health Food Store Ever! - Edit

I love this health food store! It is clearly a mom and pop operation, but they have a great selection of organic bulk items...even organic oat groats and organic honey and agave! They always have beautiful produce. They should pat themselves on the back for being an outstanding small business. I only wish I didn't have to drive over two hours to go there. However, it's well worth the drive!

Great Store - Edit

LifeSource is a terrific resource for Salem. It's recent renovation and expansion have provided a light and pleasant dinig area. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is a wide variety of foods available. Good produce section. Large selection of supplements and such (may be pro or con depending on your point of view.)

Pros: friendly staff, good selection, healthy food

Cons: too many supplements

Return to Salem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LifeSource Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2213 times since Aug 2007.