LifeFood Organic

310-450-9693

306 Pico Blvd (at 4th St), Santa Monica, California, USA, 90405

Receive 10%OFF discount when you mention "HappyCow" on your first purchase. Its 2nd LA location, est. 2014. Organic cafe and take-out counter offering fresh juices, smoothies, prepared raw foods, raw desserts, and a retail selection. Many items are vegan and raw except a couple with dairy and/or bee products. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Chia

overpriced waste - Edit

I was looking forward to light healthy food on a hot day and was happy to see this place close by. They charged $12 for an avocado sandwich i.e. Lettuce, carrot, tomato, and avocado. Are you kidding me?! For a place claiming to be so health-conscious I was disappointed to see our food being served in plastic containers and plastic forks. And here is the kicker - for a place with a big coffee menu, NO sugar!! Who serves coffee with no sugar available? Only honey. That's not even vegan! I ordered an acai bowl and it had like 2 blueberries, 2 strawberries, 2 pieces of sliced banana and a teaspoon of granola. I had to ask for more granola bc that's just ridiculous. If you just want to grab a smoothie or a tea I'm sure this place is fine. If you want food though stay away!!!

Pros: patio

Cons: overpriced , not tasty , not sustainable

Wonderful addition to Santa Monica - Edit

I had read about this place opening on HappyCow a few years ago, and have bought food here many times. Here's my LifeFood Organic review update.

This cafe took over the location of the now defunct Raw Star. The new people re-painted and gave a make-over to the space, making it look modern, inviting, and even spacious even though it's a small space (high ceiling, white paint).

The glass cases brims with all sorts of goodies: packaged snacks, chilled raw pies/cakes, bottle drinks, and assorted prepared foods both raw and a few cooked.

The prices are high, but it's supposed to be all organic and hand-crafted. Beside, we're in Santa Monica so it's expected.

I especially like the raw tuno sandwich and the raw chocolate pie. The kelp salad, the raw sushi, and the various raw wraps are pretty good.

The food sit in a chilled case, so best to let thaw a bit before consuming.

Pros: clean food, fresh food, vegan friendly

Cons: pricey

ellumine 14 Jul 2014 - Cool, thanks for the first review! i live just around the corner and also got the happy cow email invite for the 10% off.

great raw food - Edit

I'm really surprised I had not yet written a review for this place, been coming here for ages.
I've really liked all the raw vegan dishes offered here, especially the raw pastas. Some of the desserts here are excellent, try the dream pie. They've done a great job of fixing up this place, especially the back patio.
My only gripe is that this place is supposed to be about health, yet they offer goats cheese. additionally not everything is vegan, as bee products are used. Also, everything is in to go containers, and sometimes the dishes are a little to cold to eat right away.

Pros: awesome desserts, great raw food

Cons: dairy and honey on menu, mostly pre-made

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has LifeFood Organic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.