First Review by gitanadelaluna

Fantastic Customer Service & Yummy Healthy Food - Edit

This was a great lunch spot!! We had delicious soup & fresh juices, very nourishing & clean eating. The gal working, Monica, was wonderful. She completely understood great customer service & truly wanted to help. I'm on a restricted diet due to a chronic health condition & she knew what was good for me to eat as well as what I couldn't have. Usually I have to list everything I can't have & hope the person was listening. Monica was listening & making recommendations!! I will definitely return next time I'm in the area. The attached grocery store looked great too!!

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy food, Fresh food

Cons: Decor

Loving Life Grocery - Edit

I love shopping at Life Grocery. They have a great selection of vegetarian,vegan foods and organic produce. I love their organic raw food entrees in the cafe. Also their made from scratch vegan desserts are yummy.

Life Grocery is a local business co-op owned by the members of the community. I would rather spend my money at a local small business where money is kept within the community. I don't want a glitzy big box store...just good food from a small local business that has heart.

The knowledgeable staff at Life Grocery is so helpful and friendly. My health has been restored thanks to their willingness to provide information and help. I eat better and I feel better, thanks to the helpful people who work there.

They work hard to make people happy but I guess you can't please everybody...but they really do care about the customer.

Be sure to try the delicous vegan cakes. They sell out fast so call ahead.

Life Grocery is my favorite store to buy all my organic, vegetarian needs. They have great sale prices so I do end up saving money. Buying natural and organic can be very expensive but I always save at Life Grocery.

Pros: Friendly staff, Selection, Prices

I Wanted to be Impressed - Edit

I had heard so many glowing reviews for Life Grocery that I finally decided to make the 10+ mile drive in horrendous traffic to visit the store. When my we were children I remember when she was diagnosed with asthma my mother started shopping at Life. It was in the East Marietta shopping center at the time. Back then it was a dive, but I remember the unique foods there fascinated me.

Now that they have a bigger store and cafe it's nice. I wish their prices weren't so high, although you can pay for the co-op membership which earns you a discount. I live too far away to go enough to benefit from the membership. Anyhow, the selection is decent, but the store seems a bit cluttered and dark.

Then there is the staff. This is the biggest bone of contention with most Life shoppers. The staff seems to almost be in some sort of strange, anti-social trance. I almost felt unwelcome there. You know that feeling you get when you walk into a room and everyone goes silent and you just know they were talking about you and it's just awkward? That's how I felt.

Pros: Great selection, Co-op

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Regular prices are high, Store is dark

Not a bad store just have some issues - Edit

The biggest issue is the workers, rude, uncaring, ignore you. It almost makes me not shop there. It's only minutes from me, but I think twice and I have walked out of there dozens of times through out the years I've been going. But besides that it's worth giving it try.

Pros: old bar, vegan cheese, vegan meats

Cons: workers are rude

A great thing! - Edit

A place where you can get veggie food packaged and veggie food cooked (in the cafe)? I have only eaten at the cafe once and my (now veggie but at the time of this eating was not a )vegetarian bf loved it just as much, if not more, than I did. The store is nice and offers a membership program including an extra 10% for studens on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (which makes for a nice stop after class).

Pros: Good value, Friendly Staff, Convenient Location

hit or miss - but mostly HIT! - Edit

Great little vegan buffet. Inexpensive to eat there. Always have Raw on the menu. Shakes are always good. The cooked food is always good - the raw is hit or miss. All of the vegan desserts are terrific. Cafe staff is great. As for the store - they carry lots of things a raw foodie would need - but make sure you already know what you need as most of the staff is clueless in that dept. You have one or two people there who know what they are doing. Nice to have a place that make Vegan Pizza every wednesday!!

Pros: raw!, cafe is inexpensive

Cons: co-op needs better trained staff

Return to Marietta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Life Grocery Co-op Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1742 times since Aug 2007.