First Review by Khoo

I love this place - Edit

I have been to this restaurant at least seven times now. I just love it. The Aunty who works here is absolutely lovely, remembered us each time we visited.
There is a vegetarian section on the menu, along with pictures of the food. I really love the "veg chicken chop with curry sauce". It's definitely the best vegan food on the menu. Eventually i didn't even need to order the food specifically, i would just ask for my usual.
I have since heard that they have moved location, but i'm not exactly sure where as i'm no longer living in Kuching.

Pros: Delicious food, Clear vegetarian section, Lovely staff

Cons: Serves meat , Could be more vegetarian options, Not cheap compared to street food

Average - Edit

Chinese restaurant with nice atmosphere and some vegetarian options. Staff will assist with what is vegan. Flavour is good, but nothing special. A little on the expensive side too, but does the trick when you're in need of vegan food and can't find anywhere else to dine.

maximum. grease. overload! - Edit

We ordered the veg dumplings, veg pancake, the sha cha mushroom noodles, steamed bokchoi and drinks. Flavor was so so, but the worst part was that the food was drenched in oil. I could not finish the bokchoi, one of my favorite vegetables. The noodle dish had no mushrooms, just fake meat and... you guessed it - lots of oil.

There is a separate category on their menu for vegetables but it says in brackets 'non vegetarian'. The server explained that they use chicken broth but was okay with using soy sauce instead upon my request. Options are limited, would not say that it's vegan friendly.

Pros: server spoke English, willing to make changes to the food

Cons: too oily, taste could be improved greatly, not cheap compared to other local places

very limited choices - Edit

Went there for dinner tonight as it was the closest one to where we were staying (Grand Margarita Hotel). Found the vegan choices to be very limited. 9 menu items listed however 6 of them are mushroom dishes so they all seemed to be the same dish. The waitress advised that all other dishes (even marked as vegetarian) had egg, or I think that's what she said - English wasn't too good.

We had the Veg mushroom chicken rice and veg mushroom chicken mushroom noodle. al of which were just ok.

Cons: limited choice, food just ok, poor english

Very Delicious And Friendly - Edit

A welcoming restaurant/tea shop. Helpful friendly staff and a great menu. Lots of vegetarian options on two clear pages. Ate here twice, they specialize in spicy noodles but their veg dumplings are some of the best I've ever eaten. The veg 'meat' Sha Cha mushroom noodle dish was also excellent. The veg meat spicy noodles really are super spicy. Mock meat and good quality noodles. I really like this place. Menu can be checked on their website: lifecafe.my

Pros: Choice, Service, Inexpensive

Cons: Does Serve Meat

感恩 Life Cafe - Edit

Stay at Jalan Carpenter for 4D3N and must thank to this cafe, otherwise i didnt know where to look for vege food, in view of others vegetarian shop were so far away.

It's non vege shop but vege option do available. The noodle was made with egg, so have to ask for confirmation b4 order.

The staff are friendly and those vege food are very very nice as well. Refer to above attached photo for better viewing.

Nice mock chicken dishes - Edit

I ate twice here and each time I had a different mock chicken dish. It was about 10RM but was a set meal so came with a soup and some other bits. Tasty food and there was a good selection of fruit juices too. Staff very friendly.

Pros: Friendly staff, Tasty set meals with mock chicken, Nice venue

nice environment and reasonable price - Edit

It is easy to find, just at the end of 亞答街. Chinese name of Life Cafe is 人間茶坊. The environment inside is very nice with chinese cultural feel. My friend and I ordered a set meal of mock grilled chicken. With surprise it was served with 2 bowls of seaweed soup and 2 saucers of pickled cabbage. The rice is nice and the amount of mock grilled chicken is quite a lot for 2 of us.We also ordered a bowl of vermicelli which is homemade by Life Cafe with healthy ingredients of many types of grains. It is special. The red bean milk also nice, a lot of red beans inside.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 01, 2013
*it is not a pure vege cafe, other non-vege food are served as well.

Return to Kuching Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Life Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1180 times since Jan 2011.