CLOSED: Life Cafe

( 1 review )

718-386-1133

983 Flushing Ave (at L train Morgan stop), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11206

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar and restaurant with jukebox. Has some vegetarian options. CLOSED/SHUT DOWN FALL 2012 AND CHANGE TO BUSHWICK'S LIVING ROOM (NON-VEG).

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by TRaeCH

So good I had to go back! - Edit

I was staying at a hostel in Brooklyn on a recent trip to New York and on a map provided by the hostel, pointing out local places of interest (food, art, etc.) I noticed Life Cafe noted as a resto-bar that serves vegetarian options.

I must say that I was really impressed by the place. The vegetarian portion of the menu is clearly identified as are all vegan dishes. There are specials every day of the week. The service was particularly quick, warm, and friendly. The owners, who took a liking to us three Montrealers, are truly special people - compassionate and caring who run the place in an environmentally-friendly fashion, attempting to keep waste to a minimum. There is a fun ambiance to the location, good music and a hip vibe (not surprising given the artsy, trendy neighbourhood).

The food was excellent. All three of us - one meat eater - ordered vegetarian meals. Speaking for myself, their curried coconut tofu stir-fry featured among the tastiest tofu I have ever eaten! The portions were sizable without being at all overwhelming and the price was very reasonable.

I loved my time at the Life Cafe and will make a point of returning on any trip to or through New York. A hello to John, Kathy, Julie and Alane from Montreal!

Pros: Veggie options and their taste, Friendly and fun atmosphere, Location

Cons: Not 100% vegetarian

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Life Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.