First Review by abbydoo

Nice lunch stop - Edit

I visited Life Alive as tourist on a day trip to Salem. For a tourist, it was a perfect, convenient location. The food was tasty, but perhaps not entirely memorable. The length of the menu may be a plus for some, but for me it was overwhelming. I'm not a cook and am not fond of "mix-and-match" menus. (Obviously, your food isn't best showcased in all of three possible "formats." Choose the one that's best for each individual item. Put that one on your menu instead of making me guess.) The dining room is pleasant and the prices are reasonable.

Great Stuff - Edit

I brought a meat eating couple and they both liked the restaurant almost as much as I did. Lots of vegan selections and a decent little area with spices, nutritional yeast, Braggs and other tasty treats to add to your dish.

Pros: Great veg spot in Salem, Willing to make a dish work for you

Cons: Kind of Expensive, Few options if you dont do onions/garlic

Tasty food, Great staff. - Edit

My other half and I have visited Life Alive many times with our daughter. We have ALWAYS had a great experience.
The food is prepared quickly, mostly organic and vegan.
Many selections to choose from, and you can add or subtract anything from your dish, and they can all be made gluten free if so desired.
The Life Alive Juice is tasty and nutritious.
GO HERE, you won't regret it :)

Pros: many vegan selections, helpful staff, chill atmosphere

Awesome food, super nice staff - Edit

Its always great to find new veg restaurants to try when we are traveling. Life alive has a terrific menu of both food and drinks. The staff is super nice and will tell you how to make the few non vegan items vegan. We ate there twice in two days, highly recommend the Fool and The Lover noodle bowls

Pros: Selection, Good prices, Staff

Cons: Parking can be tough

Great Wraps & Bowls! - Edit

The staff was very knowledgeable. They explained that vegan cheese could be substituted to make items vegan. I had the Romantic wrap and my husband had the Adventurer. Both were unique and delicious.

Pros: many vegan options, unique menu, organic and local ingredients

Return to Salem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Life Alive Urban Oasis and Organic Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3586 times since May 2012.