Vegan-friendly
Take-out
Catering
Fusion
Honey

Casual cafe offering healthy vegetarian food, smoothies and fresh juices for eat-in or takeaway. Order at the counter from a menu of warm bowls, salad bowls, and grilled wraps plus the day's soup and some small snacks. Egg or dairy may be removed or replaced - ask. Sells a small selection of health products to take home. One of several outlets, and is sometimes referred to as Urban Oasis. Confirmed open May 2020. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by 770veg

Urdasato

Points +208

17 Feb 2024

Fresh tasty bowls and spicy latte!

Vegetarian restaurant with many vegan dishes. We ordered the green goddess bowl, two açaí bowls and the Fool II Noodle bowl along with three superfood lattes. This is a go to spot with many locations around Boston and never fails.

FatmaBahri

Points +176

22 Dec 2023

Killer Dishes & Drinks!

Toasts, Bowls, smoothies, & lattés are equally wholesome and delicious.

Been to the South End location as well and it was quiet and pleasant to be at.

jainstonge

Points +218

13 Dec 2023

Phenomenal

Had dinner and lunch. Great food. Great vegan options. All delicious

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-13

Pros: Vegan, Options , Galore

Cons: Please come to DC!!

amanda196

Points +521

20 Nov 2023

Unique options

I love that life alive has food and drinks that I might not find anywhere else, and they have so many options, that I don’t think I’d get tired of them. My favorite items are the warm grain bowls and superfood lattes (hot and cold)

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-20

Pros: Unique options, Many options, Good tasting

Wfpbnana

Points +35

06 Oct 2023

Super delicious vegan food in the Back Bay of Boston

The Autumn bowl is delicious. I ordered the lemon tahini dressing on the side but it checks all the boxes- legumes, veggies, grains- a perfect Fall grain bowl. I’ll definitely eat here again when in town.

Pflanzi123

Points +100

10 Sep 2023

Healthy and tasty

I had the teriyaki Tofu bowl. It's very nourishing and tastes great. I think it's also decently priced.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-10

JadaB

Points +329

26 Aug 2023

Feeling Alive!

Such a nice spot to meet friends and get some good food.

LizLoveland

Points +403

Vegetarian
14 Aug 2023

Delicious food but very variable service

The food and smoothies are delicious but service varies tremendously, from extremely fast service to a time when I waited half an hour for a preorder (with staff regularly walking back and forth past me without asking me anything) and finally asked the staff about it, only to have to show them my email receipt to prove I had even placed an order as they said they couldn’t find it in their system. The portion size for food also varies depending on who prepares the order.

Pros: Peanut noodle bowl is excellent , Yummy smoothies

Cons: Very variable service

kasiamal

Points +125

09 Aug 2023

Great food with Asian vibe

The bowl was great.

There are many Asian dishes and others similar to that ones.

Pros: Service, Decorations, Taste

Cons: Not too much space inside, There is no typical coffee

DanielleS13

Points +24

11 Jul 2023

Good options, organic and tasty

I went a couple of times and had the teriyaki tofu rice bowl (could have done with more teriyaki sauce or marinaded), and the PB Cup and PB&J açai bowls. Açai is great - very delicious, good portion, big scoop of peanut butter, good fresh fruit. Also tried the apple jalapeño and coriander juice. Really nice.

CatieAnderson

Points +292

08 May 2023

Yummy

Teriyaki wrap could’ve had more teriyaki but lots of good options

CrunchySpice

Points +77

20 Apr 2023

Vegetable forward

The grain bowls that we got were stuffed with veggies, really beautiful and colorful. Good flavors. It's a fast casual place that does a lot of takeout, but the atmosphere is pretty nice and it's good for a sit down meal.

Hutty1122!!

Points +49

18 Apr 2023

Fresh and flavorful!

It’s located next to a vegan restaurant but as we were walking in discussing where to go, the people in front of us said this restaurant is better. Nice to find it so close to our hotel !

Pros: Vegan and vegetarian , Unlike Clover restaurant, this food was all fresh, Great seasonings - enjoyed the Buddha bowl !

Cons: No cons except didn’t see dessert on the menu

RicardoMezaDeville

Points +3640

18 Apr 2023

Saludable y rico

Tiene un montón de opciones veganas. Todo es saludable, y no es caro.
Es una buena opción.

Pros: Muchas opciones veganas, No es tan caro., Opciones saludables

amp15

Points +256

27 Mar 2023

Wholesome food, good vibes

This casual café is so cute! The food is delicious, fresh, and healthy. Allergens are clearly labeled and there are plenty of "as-is" vegan options (no modifications needed). In addition to the yummy food, coffees and juices were great! Prices are reasonable too. I'd come back here again and again!

Pros: Fresh, whole foods, Most dishes vegan, Good allergen labeling

plantboss

Points +59

Mostly Veg
28 Jan 2023

Beautiful Combination of Rich Flavor and Texture

The rice was reminiscent of paella I had years ago. It captured that same incredible mixture of al dente texture, rich aroma, and moist flavor. So excited to go back and try more dishes.

Meltron

Points +833

30 Nov 2022

Great!

I have tried a lot of different options from their menu. So far, I really liked all of them. The swami bowl and autumn falafel are my favorites so far. They have plenty of healthy options to choose from. I will definitely be back!

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-22

AsaEger

Points +29

Vegetarian
19 Nov 2022

Service is a total mess but food is good .

My friend’s soup took 3 min to arrive while mine wasn’t ready after 25 min. When I asked what was going on I was told my order was a different kitchen but it wasn’t. It involves ladling a premise broth into the udon. Was a very awkward dining experience with my friend and I had to get mine to go in the end. And staff didn’t care whatsoever about the situation and got defensive . Food was good however .

Danielakanfer

Points +65

26 Oct 2022

Great Ramen

Very good miso ramen with tofu. Excellent broth.

Pros: Great options—not all vegan but clearly marked., Very good flavor profiles! Really delicious food, Abundant portions. (Shareable!) Well priced.

Cons: Need a vegan cookie!

eszter.csapo

Points +1013

15 Oct 2022

Delicious food just a bit hectic place

The food is very very tasty, but the place is super busy (good for them :)). The system is a bit odd to me, you have to queue then pick your food then queue again then pay and then find seating and then wait for your food (it arrived fast afterwards).

Cons: Waitress took away my matcha still half full

schel112

Points +650

27 Sep 2022

Good food

Came here three times on our trip because it was so close. Got grain bowls, smoothie bowls, and soups and everything was good and filling. Drinks were awesome and not too sweet too. The blue one was my fave

Pros: Lots of options, Very fresh

Cons: Busy on the weekends, Slow drink service

Michaeljjj

Points +378

20 Sep 2022

Amazing!

I had an acai bowl and a (blue!) latte, and they were so nice. Great brunch idea! The staff were nice and the food was amazing. Highly recommend.

RicanVegan

Points +365

01 Sep 2022

Refreshing drinks

Variety of smoothies and healthy drinks. Good balance of flavor.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Healthy drinks, Fast service

FridaLevi

Points +429

05 Aug 2022

Cute café

I had the PB&J Acaí Bowl which was yummy. The staff welcomed me very friendly and helped me politely with my questions.

The interior inside is wow. Sooo lovely. But I couldn‘t sit in there as it was way too cold. Especially when eating something frozen. Its nice they have outside seating but could be more cosy and welcoming fitting to the inside. Street is quiet noisy.

The restrooms are clean and all gender 👍🏼🌈 and also have a cute design.

Free water out of glas bottles and so cute glas jars to drink from.

I wish people would use the chance to sit back and unwind while eating in and not using take away plastics. I even watched people who sat down to est but had theor foods as take away. Wrapped in paper and plastic. What for? I wish everybody would care a bit more and at least use those rare chances to cut down their single use plastics and also packaging of all sorts.

Owner could brief staff to inform people and encourage them by information. So easy to do. Also put recommendation on the menue. It‘s organic but the take away containers are not environmentally friendly. You could also encourage people to bring their own containers and give a 10% discount if they do so. Or invent something for your frequent customers as a benefit.

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-05

Pros: Dine in: no plastics, real pottery/cutlery, Friendly staff, Very cute interior / outside seating a plus too

Cons: Way too cold inside, AC turned on minus degrees, The take away containers/ too much plastic

bibis

Points +27

Mostly Veg
20 Jul 2022

My go to place for breakfast and lunch and smoothy

Whenever I am in Boston I go hear because the food is clean, organic, tasty and plenty of choices for vegetarians and vegans

Pros: Lots of vegan options that are interesting

Cons: Staff could be friendlier

craigmc

Points +31996

15 Jul 2022

Great options

Would say this is somewhere you can come in Boston and get good healthy food.
We had a falafel and hummus plate which was huge, shiitake and tofu bowl which had lots of leaf, maybe too much.
I had the tofu ramen which was good but you could tell it was all prepped and put together rather that cooked from scratch. The tofu was cool in the middle even though it was in steaming broth and the noodles were all stuck together, still tasty though.
Booch rocked.

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-15

Pros: Staff, Healthy

SaraNorlin

Points +2891

09 Jul 2022

Reliable as always

This was the last Life Alive location for me to try and the menu is as reliable as always. Cute location with shaded outdoor seating too