Lien Hoa

• ( 10 reviews )

49 Le Hồng Phong, Da Nang, Vietnam

Small, family-run vegetarian restaurant in the centre of Da Nang. Vietnamese wooden tables and chairs in a nice atmosphere. The menu offers around 20 dishes with English translations. Please send updates regarding vegan-friendliness. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by mfalgas

JanWatermann

Points +111

07 Apr 2019

The previous review is right

I found a couple of hairs and a stone in my food.. the menu seams diverse, but badly translated.. i ended up with something I haven’t ordered.

Pros: Cheap

CoralPage

Points +203

02 Feb 2019

It was bearable

Came here as every where else was shut. Saw the pictures on here and the food looked decent, and the place is alright inside. The woman was very friendly, she didn't speak much English but it's okay as the menue has English to order easier. we got a few extra dishes that we didn't order, nice gesture I think but it was all cold food. I think it was supposed to be cold and it tasted fine but there were a few hairs and green string in the food? I'm not really sure what was going on but it all made it very difficult to enjoy. I hope it was an off day for them.

Pros: Friendly staff

T-Bone

Points +43

15 Jan 2018

fresh salad!

After eating a lot of sautéed veges for the last week or so in remote towns, it was so good to have a fresh and flavoursome salad. It came with fake ham, tofu, crispy rice noodle, red cabbage, cucumber, banana flower etc and a tasty dressing. Good price.

Pros: tasty as

sukilovesicecream

Points +121

03 May 2017

Burned down on 3rd May but will open next door

I walked past a few days ago early in the morning, but it was quite empty; when I went past around 6pm, the place was packed with families all of whom seemed to be eating the big hotpot dish.

It would have been too much for me on my own, even though there are two sizes, so instead I went for a stir-fried noodle dish and a platter of great spring rolls, both tasty, hot and made to order.

The atmosphere was friendly and inviting and I didn't feel any pressure to eat and move on.

As an aside, what a relief to find vegetarian versions of normal Vietnamese food instead of vegetarian versions of burgers, pizzas, sushi, curries and random foreign dishes.

UPDATE: I went back today at lunchtime (3rd May) and couldn't believe that the whole place had burned down overnight!! One of the girls recognised me and waved apologetically. Another man told me in English that an electrical fault had caused a fire during the night and burned everything inside, however, he also mentioned they would be open in the smaller space next door (to the left when facing the entrance) hopefully on the 4th May.

Yes, I've given five stars on only one (enjoyable) visit, but their sheer determination to get back up and running for a clearly strong local customer base gets my respect. If they are open tomorrow before my train leaves, I'll update if I can.

Pros: tasty Vietnamese food, nice atmosphere in the evenings, good sized portions at a reasonable price

Miggi

Points +2347

07 Jan 2017

Nice local vegan cafe

We tried the mushrooms in batter - gorgeous! Also a couple of noodle dishes and a tofu dish.
One of us had the rice platter which was only 15k dong and had several kinds of veg and tofu on top - a meal in itself really.
Great value meal. Pleasant cafe with bamboo tables and chairs.

Pros: Value!

KPike

Points +267

08 Oct 2016

Authentic local vegetarian food and great value

A great authentic Vietnamese Vegetarian restaurant that is a step up from a lot of the other local places as it has wooden chairs and tables (instead of the usual plastic chairs or stalls). Also offers a wider selection of dishes then most, along with pictures and English descriptions.

There are plenty of delicious mock meat options and no MSG (my local friend asked them). I highly recommend the mock pork skewers (so convincing that my meat-eating boyfriend loves them); and the 'com hen' (a vegan version of a popular rice dish with baby clams) which is an absolute bargain at just 20,000 ($1) for a big bowl that’s full of flavor. I particularly like the brown paste in the 'com hen' which tastes a lot like vegemite/marmite!

The ladies who work there/run it speak very little English, but you can just point at what you want on the menu which is in English. Service can sometimes seem a bit gruff and it can be hard to get a smile out of the usual lady who takes your order, until, that is, she brings your food over and you show appreciation, then she will grace you with a beautiful smile! It’s a bit lacking in atmosphere, but it’s an authentic, local experience that’s rarely packed full of backpackers (unlike the more well-known Ngoc Chi).

Pros: Great food, English Menu, Good variety of dishes on offer

Cons: Staff don't speak English, Staff can be a bit gruff

downunderdave

Points +101

Mostly Veg
29 May 2016

Very friendly

The food is simple and locals eat here. Sadly, the fridge does not work so sodas are at room temperature.

Pros: very inexpensive fare

melarish

Points +609

25 Dec 2015

Weird English in menu

It was a bit hard to order as the menu translations were often quite bizarre. We ended up getting crispy noodles and some kind of bread and mushroom curry. Decent food but there's better in the area.

Jumaroko

Points +60

07 Feb 2015

not vegan but authentic

Unfortunately, this restaurant is not vegan: On the menue they write it is a "vegetarian restaurant" and our spring rolls had a butter taste. But it is vegetarian and the food was good. There were only locals, the place is very authentic sbd not touridtic at all. As a consequence, the waitress did not speak one word in english, so we had to communicate with hands and photos. But they were friendly and the menue is translated in english.

Pros: nice authentic atmosphere, variety

Cons: not vegan, no english, not very clean

mfalgas

Points +183

Mostly Veg
05 Jan 2015

Nice quiet place

I found this restaurant just walking down the street and I liked the place. It is family-run, they speak some English and the menu is bilingual. They staff is friendly. The menu has quite a lot of options. We had crispy noodles and fried spaghetti, very tasty. The tables and chairs are typically Vietnamese.

Pros: Friendly staff, Variety of dishes

Return to Da Nang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lien Hoa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.