Lidojosa Varde

+371-67321184

Elizabetes Iela 31a, Riga, Latvia

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan choices plus vegetarian dishes section on menu. Full bar. Name in English: The Flying Frog Cafe. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-1:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by mik

The food was very, very basic - Edit

I wanted to try some new place in Riga together with my husband and since we were close to Lidojosa Varde restaurant, we decided to drop by. The outdoor seating looked lovely and was full of tourists so we made a (wrong) assumption that it must be a great place.
We paid close to 30 eur for two meals and two cups of tea and were left quite dissatisfied. My husband had a burger and I had a barley risotto, which was ok with taste, but to be honest my grandmother who hates cooking could make something similar in 10 minutes. Nothing spectacular and definitely not worth ~ 10 eur a dish.
The vegan burger had SILKEN tofu in it (???), caramelized onions were the only thing that lifted the taste a little bit. To be completely honest, I think this was the first such unsuccessful and tasteless veg food experience in Riga so far.

Pros: Outside seating

Cons: Not too cheap, Very basic, plain food

Not good - Edit

I only went here because there was a concert at Bhajan cafe which is on the same street. Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews before ordering, but I agreed with the other reviews. Really weird "burger" with a dry bun and silken tofu.
Nice drinks, though - and it's a nice place to sit on a summer eve and people watch. Just don't eat here!

not tasty - Edit

Nice looking place but food was crap. The vegan burger was literally just buns, raw veggies and plain SILKEN tofu, no mayo, guac or anything whatsoever served with fries and some cucumber and carrots. Can't recommend.

Does the trick - Edit

I ordered some vegan fajitas, and to my surprise I was given something than rather resembled a stew, albeit with jalapeño or a similar chili. No protein though. A couple of minutes later I received the other part of my meal, namely some guacamole and the actual fajitas, which I was (apparently) supposed to fill myself. It was quite good for the type of business this is and the money they charge, some 7 euros if I recall correctly.
Oh, and their opening hours are incorrect both here AND on their own website, since they close at 11 PM.

Return to Riga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lidojosa Varde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.