Lettuce Love Cafe

• Friend
905-637-2700

399 John St (at Lakeshore), Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7R 2K3

Lettuce Love Cafe is Canada's first 100% gluten-free and vegan restaurant. Born from a passion for making delicious, healthy and sustainable food that has a real impact on health and the planet, it is also rated the #1 restaurant in Burlington and the region. Award-winning farm-to-table, local, organic, plant based cuisine. Serving everyone from everywhere. Enjoy the cozy and vibrant interior or the beautiful sunny garden patio, or call in for take-out. Find it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and checkout its book, Made With Love - recipes from Lettuce Love Cafe and Kelly’s Bake Shoppe. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Macrobiotic, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Catering

First Review by moshimoshi

pretty good - Edit

A cute little cafe by the waterfront. I LOVE the concept of the cafe and staff is always wonderful. The food is good, however portions are often inconsistent from visit to visit (in both size and ingredients). For the higher price point I feel like the portion sizes should be heartier or include a side (with the sandwiches/burgers, especially).

Pros: vegan, gluten free

Cons: small portions, expensive

Best Sandwich Ever - Edit

I had the vegan Ruben, and it convinced me I could give up meat and not miss out on my favorite things. Absolutely delicious!

delicious - Edit

Everything was fresh and reasonably priced. I'd definitely return.

yum! - Edit

We love going here! Amazing food and good staff. Always super busy so it can be hard to eat in!

Things are looking up! - Edit

I've been going to LLC since it was Kind Food at its inception and I've watched it grow over the years in size and following. The dishes can be inconsistent but the flavours are there. It's always busy! Happy to see the changes that are making LLC better everyday and bring accessible vegan food to Burlington.

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-12

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Inconsistent dishes

Delicious! - Edit

Always love visiting Lettuce Love Cafe when I'm in town. Delicious food; LOVE their caesar salad, B.L.A.T, chili and so much more. Brownies are to die for.

Pros: Yummy food, Good atmosphere

Cons: Pricey, Service is ok.. Sometimes great sometimes not, Food can be inconsistent

One of my faves - Edit

The menu is healthy and delicious!! The dishes are simple and can be a little plain, but I personally find that a positive because it leaves me feeling fresh and clean. The veggie burgers are soft and vegetable-y, I love their healthy burger options. The servers are super cool, the venu is clean and well decorated, and the music of choice is always super hip

Pros: Great music and atmosphere, Great staff, Healthy, delicious menu that changes

Cons: You may find some menu items plain depending on yo

Un incontournable ! - Edit

Une place à découvrir. Le propriétaire et les employés sont particulièrement attentionnés. Beaux choix de plats végétaliens avec des spécialistés du jour. L'atmosphère est décontracté. On veut participer et encourager cette entreprise qui met son cœur et ses valeurs de l'avant. Logo original ! Pour le dessert pourquoi ne pas aller faire un tour à la pâtisserie familiale (Kelly's Bake Shoppe) à 2 coins de rue du resto.

Delicious! - Edit

All of my experiences with Lettuce Love (formerly Kindfood) have been wonderful. The cupcakes are delicious, including the more unusual flavours (beet-flavoured cupcakes!) It was a real thrill to have a marshmallow rice treat after more than a decade without one.

My favourite dishes are the Buddha bowl and the reuben sandwich. The reuben is implausibly good: a thick slab of tempeh topped with sauerkraut and Daiya. So tasty. Their smoothies are great, too. The staff are the friendliest staff I have encountered at any restaurant anywhere in the world.

Pros: good location, reasonable prices, decadent treats

SOOO GOOD - Edit

I came here with a group of friends and we all loved our meals. The nachos were amazing. The staff was super cool. Our waiter guy was super friendly and talked to us while we ate. For real, those nachos are the stuff of legend. Please try this place.

Pros: Perfect nachos, Perfect service, Super cozy vibe

Amazing Service, Even Better Food - Edit

I love this place! The nachos are to die for. I'd never been to a restaurant before where I could eat absolutely everything on the menu; it totally made my trip. I drove five hours to go to this restaurant and it was totally worth it. There was a great vibe in the dining area and the staff came and visited with us several times, and remembered us when we came in again another day. I cannot say enough praise about this place.

Pros: AMAAAZING FOOD, Super fun staff, Nice vibe

I can't wait to go back. - Edit

everything on the menu sounded amazing. I only had a spicy bean soup, some dessert, so good. fast and pleasant service too!

Love this place! - Edit

I come here often. The food is fabulous and the service is amazing. Although the prices are a bit more expensive than your regular cafe, the food is worth it. They constanty have specials and variety of food and recently added a full brunch menu! They also have wine & beer for cool night out with friends, and dining in the patio in summer is amazing.

absolutely amazing - Edit

Lettuce Love is the best. I love literally everything on their menu and I love that they have grocery items so I can take things home for later. I'm the kind of person that orders more than one item so that I can take one home with me for lunch the next day, so this is a huge selling point for me.

My non-vegan family and friends are big fans as well, and since they are restaurateurs they tend to be tough critics. But Lettuce Love wins over everyone I've ever introduced to their food.

Their "cult like" following and continuous award wins are enough to speak for their quality and consistency of service, so give them a try. I must warn you, you may become addicted!

Also worth checking out (an equally addictive) is their award winning bakery, Kelly's Bakeshop, which is just up the street and is owned and operated by the same family, who are absolutely lovely people so say don't be shy about saying hello and getting to know them and their friendly staff!

The only thing I can think of that I would like to see them do differently would be to have more locations! I would love love love to see them expand east toward Niagara or west toward Toronto.

Pros: all vegan restaurant , gluten and common allergen free options , sister bakery

amazing!!! - Edit

Everything about it. Love the nachos and burgers. A bit pricey but worth it. Really cool spot. Great desserts. Highly recommended.

A little expensive, but the food is delicious! - Edit

It is a small location located near downtown Burlington. You order at the counter and then pick your seat, they will serve you your food.

I have ordered a couple of things off the menu and every time it is delicious.

I need to try the avocado fries (which are baked) next time. They look amazing!

Pros: Comfort Food, Good portion size

Cons: Small location, Can be a tad expensive

soy - Edit

They don't really have anything without soy, and they over spice. The food is beautiful.

Pros: good ingredients, friendly, food looks great

Cons: not soy-free

Healthy meals - Edit

Very good healthy vegan food. Good place to meet people which also brings me to the Cons due to the small size you do need to sit very close to strangers which could lead to interactions so great for social butterflies but downside for people who are more introverted. Burlington so a lil pricey as are all things in burlington but if your used to burlington prices then the pricing isnt bad at all.

Pros: healthy, all vegan

Cons: no privacy

Return to Burlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lettuce Love Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.