CLOSED: Let's Take a Seat Thai Cuisine

217-351-5827

2506 Village Green Place, Champaign, Illinois, USA, 61822

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant with some vegetarian items on its menu, marked "V." Your choice of vegetable, tofu, or mock duck in place of meat in main entrees. Has a vegan red curry made without fish sauce. MAR 2015 REPORTED SHUT EARLY THIS YEAR, WEBSITE NOT WORKING.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by PurpleSocialist

Let's Take a Seat has great food and friendly staf - Edit

I decided to try to expand my pallete and try thai food one evening.
I was won over by Let's Take a Seat's "unusual" name.

It's a bit out of the way for me (I live in Urbana and it was a 20 minute drive) but it was worth it. I was torn between the red curry and the green curry. The owner asked if I was vegan or vegetarian;I replied that I wanted a vegan dish. I was then told that the red curry is the only vegan curry. I decided to go with that.
I was kind of surprised to see that the curry was so soupy like but I guess that's how curry is prepared for Thai dishes. The dish was very flavorful and it filled me up.
I also ordered an order of vegetable rolls. They were absolutely delicious-so delicious that I went back for 3 orders of them the next day.

Let's Take a Seat is a bit out of the way but it's worth the trip.
They're a great small business and the owner thanked me for using cash. If you decide to visit them, please use cash. Any time you use a credit or debit card that's less money the business can receive.

Pros: flavorful food, decent portions, friendly staff

Cons: far-out location

Return to Champaign Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Let's Take a Seat Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.