Les Passagers de Beyrouth

18 rue de la Bonne Graine (at Ledru-Rollin ), Paris, France, 75011

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lebanese restaurant with casual atmosphere and quick, multi-lingual service. Offers veggie items such as hummus, zatter topped pitas, babaganoush, falafel, green salad, fruit salad, lentil purée , tahini, stuffed grape leaves, fresh baked thin pita. The mezze platter can be specifically vegan or vegetarian and includes many dishes. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by Nancy Cadet

délicieux et copieux - Edit

J'ai été agréablement surprise par ce restaurant !
Le service très bien et aux petits soins
Pour le déjeuner j'ai pris l'assiette découverte végétarienne qui est en fait vegan: à base de falafel, houmous et caviar d'aubergine ! Un régal bien trop copieux !!!

Pros: service , plat vegan

Not the best place for a vegan - Edit

We went there at lunchtime and were going to order some mezze but the owner proposed to order there offer of surprise-mezzes including cold and warm mezzes and dessert. He said it was no problem to bring a good part of those mezzes in a vegan version and some of them
with meat/cheese for my omnivore sister, so we agreed. we first got the cold mezzes, all of them vegan and delicious (hummus, fresh salad, aubergine-salad, grape-leaved rice). but then on the warm mezzes, it was almost all meat and cheese (besides 2 pieces of falafel and some bulgur). if we had known that, we wouldn't have agreed to this and for what we had gotten, it was overpriced (almost 70 euros for 2 people including mezze, 1 coke, 1 water and 2 coffees).

Lebanese Feast - Edit

On a quiet street , an easy walk from Metro Ledru-Rollin or Charonne, this cosy restaurant has a varied menu with many vegan or dairy&veg options of small plates , platters & salads. The friendly, multi -lingual host was careful to identify all the vegan-veg options, since we were eating and ordering as a mixed group of omnivores & vegans. The mezze platter for 4 could have fed 8 and the dishes just kept coming : tabouli, pita, hummus, lentils , babaganoush , halloumi, zatter pitas, stuffed grape leaves , felafel , cheese filled bread sticks, green salad, garlic spread, and more, followed by an enormous platter of fresh cut fruits , a selection of Middle Eastern pastries and mint tea for all. Non alcoholic citrus drinks, beer, &wine are available. We all got doggie bags for the copious leftovers, and the host was careful to distinguish the veg and non- veg items. Credit cards OK. Good for groups. Call to reserve.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-10

Pros: Generous portions, Fresh house made pita and salads

Cons: Closed Monday

3 Responses

Ricardo 12 Aug 2016 - Hello! Thanks for adding this place to the site.
I was reading through your review, and I got a little confused regarding the vegan options offered by this restaurant. Would it be possible to let me know which of the dishes you mentioned in your review (besides the fruits) were vegan?
Thanks in advance! :)

Nancy Cadet 13 Aug 2016 - Hi Ricardo, I would say the hummus, lentils, felafel , bulgur, zatter pitas, plain pitas, fruit salad & green salad were vegan and would advise asking the server or chef about the other spreads. I've noticed , reading labels in natural food stores here, that a leading brand of prepared babaganoush spread contained egg whites , to my surprise. At the restaurant , it's possible some sauces were made with yogurt, and of course , the cheese stuffed pastry & garlicky white cheese spread contained dairy . The server or host was so accommodating, I'm sure the usual quizzing we vegans must undertake to be sure about a dish would be taken seriously & cheerfully.

Ricardo 17 Sep 2016 - Hi Nancy, sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. :)

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Les Passagers de Beyrouth closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.