First Review by PatrickVeg

Fantastic Experience! Wish we had more time! - Edit

Les Battees is a wonderful gem in the midst of the Burgundy Wine Country south of Paris, France. We only had three days to spend there, and everyone in our party wishes we had been able to stay longer.

This casual bed and breakfast gets it right from step one. The communications in advance were great, the recommendations as to things to do and see in the area were spot on, the accommodations were charming and rustic and wonderful.

The food - was remarkable. It's tough to be vegetarian in France, as Roy (Owner) says... but it's VERY tough to be Vegan. They made fantastic vegan dinners for us every night, and great vegan breakfast every morning.

Roy and Emma (former guest and now glowing staffer) made sure we felt comfortable, and at home. They didn't smother us, but were present at just the right moment to ensure every detail was attended to.

The inn is just outside a quaint French town, and is short distance to many wineries, Chateaus, and other towns and villages. You can also see the ancient Roman Ruins in Autune (where they regrettably have a McDonald's... the only thing I wished we hadn't seen).

If you want advice on what to do, Roy will help you make the right choice. But he won't bring it up to you, he's not there to sell anything... just to ensure that you have a great experience at the inn.

The pictures here are ones I took of the inn, the breakfast room, dinner on the patio, and the wonderful local appertif they serve every evening.

The jams they serve every morning were WONDERFUL... along with local French vegan bread.... oatmeal... orange and grapefruit juices, Soya milk, and more. I wish we had remembered to BUY some Jam - which they sell - before we left to come home.

Obviously... I'm a huge fan and can't wait to go back. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about our visit.

Pros: Fantastic Veg/Veg Food, Great rates, Very Accomodating

Cons: None.

Return to Dennevy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Les Battees closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1281 times since Jun 2010.