First Review by coling

Amazing experience - Edit

Its a buffet all you can eat style Lentils. The space is a delight its bright and airy and definitely in the running for one of the best Lentils As Anything's in Melbourne.

I had a really tasty beans and potato dish with salad and rice. The chefs/cooks really know what they are doing with herbs and spices.

The staff are bright and bubbly.

I am very impressed with all aspects for this venue.

Pros: Al most all vegan the day I went. They have a vege

Great Place but I was Disappointed by the Food - Edit

I love the concept of Lentil and go regularly to Abbotsford so I stopped for lunch here one day. The space is lovely, the staff/volunteers are friendly but I was disappointed by the food.

It was minestrone (vegan), rice (vegan), cheesey tomato pasta (not vegan), creamy potato (not vegan), cous cous salad (vegan), cake (not vegan). It's poor menu planning to offer rice, potato and pasta as mains and even worse if you are vegan. The minestrone was overcooked frozen veg with broken up spaghetti in a tasteless but oily stock. The rice was well cooked, I don't think it is possible to make better rice. I didn't bother trying the couscous as it did seem to just be cous cous with a few lettuce leaves tossed through.

If the pasta or potato had been swapped with a dahl or something then it would have been great. But given I could pay according to my enjoyment I'm not unhappy about it which is the joy of Lentil.

Lentil's is fantastic! - Edit

I have been frequenting the Abbotsford Lentil's for a few months now and think it is great!!!
Food is either good or excellent. Lentil as anything is much more than an eatery, it is a community celebrating vegan and vegetarian food, music, art, support and general good vibes. It is important to pay fairly, not every one can afford $5+ a plate/meal but I think most can and should for those that can't.

Pros: great food, great staff, great atmosphere

Cons: occasionally the vegan option ar lacking

don't abuse it - Edit

Lentil has an amazing story that gives jobs to new Australians but many people eat there and donate 20 cents for the meal. its worth at least 5 to 10 dollars. The staff work really hard giving good value for a large variety of meals. The Food in all Lentils is always excellent, staff friendly I have never left a Lentil not satisfied, just disappointed when I see well dressed people especially in St KILDA give 20 to 50 cents

Pros: very tasty food, generous portions, the staff

Cons: some customers, sometimes loud music

Return to Footscray Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lentil As Anything - Footscray closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1401 times since Aug 2010.