First Review by Wendy Bolt

Perfect - Edit

The location, the garden and the atmosphere were absolutely perfect!
Delicious authentic Greek vegan food and great service.
I wish there was an option to give the restaurant a 5 star rating because it really is perfect!

Pros: atmosphere , food , service

Cons: none!

polite waiters - Edit

Traditional Greek cuisine is vegan by default so I had plenty of the starters like dolmadakia and fava with caramelised onions and greek salad. For a main i had Imam baildi. WhenI ordered the waiter was vegan and he was very keen on my order and my partner felt so bad he barely touched his plate ! :)

Gutes Essen unter Zitronenbäumen - Edit

Es gibt ein veganes oder vegetarisches Menu für 11,90 Euro mit zwei Vorspeisen und einer Hauptspeise. In unserer Gruppe haben wir alles ausprobiert (vegan) und alles hat köstlich geschmeckt.

Pros: gute Auswahl an veganen Gerichten, zentrale Lage, nette Bedienungen

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Edit

This restaurant is amazing! The waiters are so incredibly friendly and funny, they have lots of vegetarian dishes with lots that are vegan, you can even choose a vegan menu and you get free watermelon and panna cotta (not vegan though) at the end. I took what looked a 'simple' dish (cooked vegetables) but the spices and herbes and just the entire dish was marvelous!! Also really cosy with really beautiful (piano) music playing all the time.

Pros: food, waiters, cosy

A nice place to eat if vegan - Edit

We had here two vegan menus. nice place to be! We eat under the lemon trees at back yard.

Pros: Vegan options as other people said on menu.

Cons: regular prices

Amazing - Edit

This restaurant was so good. They have a special "menu" for vegans and vegetarians, that have different appetizers and entrees clearly labeled. I got a fava bean dip, eggplant and red pepper dip, and stuffed red peppers with fried potatoes. It was all incredible. Greece doesn't have much in the way of vegan/vegetarian food, so I was overjoyed to find this place! It's not even too expensive. I think it was about 11 or 12 euros for two vegan starters and an entree.
The setting is also very nice- you sit under fruit trees with soft lighting and beautiful music. One thing- they did give me yogurt for the potatoes, but it was in a separate little cup, so I didn't really care.
For dessert, I'm sure if you ask for a vegan dessert that they'd give you one. I was too stuffed to even consider it!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Beautiful setting

Lemonokipos - Edit

I ate at Lemonokipos in September '08 and can confirm that there's a vegetarian section on the menu, including stuffed vegetables, vegetable moussaka and Imam Biyaldi. There is also a children's section, and Cretan specialities both vegetarian and non vegetarian. They serve breakfasts of different kinds, also snacks, cakes and deserts during the day. The food is delicious, portions are large, they have very good wholemeal bread and fresh juices. I was given a complementary ice cream with black cherry sauce, and they didn't know I was going to be writing this! Tables are in a large courtyard, under about 12 lemon trees; with little lights on the tables it's a very attractive place to be. Staff are pleasant and helpful.

Return to Crete Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lemonokipos - Lemon Tree Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2345 times since Nov 2007.