Lemongrass

• Veg-friendly
Contact 905-574-3932

1300 Garth Street, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese and Thai cuisine, with several vegetarian appetizers and main entrees. Vegetarians need to specify no fish sauce, etc.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by

Good Food - Edit

I've always enjoyed the meals at Lemongrass but I'm not so sure I trust their understanding of the vegan concept. I always make a point of asking that no fish sauce or animal products be used and the servers always seem agreeable but I'm still a little nervous....
Having said that, the Monk's Favourite is one of my favourites and if you ask for it to be spicy, it'll make you sweat. Tofu In Ginger Sauce is a good choice as is the Vegetables Cashew. They'll make veg pad thai without the egg if you ask but again, not sure about the fish sauce.
Service can be a bit iffy at times and they get VERY busy at lunch so you should show up at 11:30 or 1:30.

Pros: tasty food, reasonable prices

Cons: not sure of the ingredients sometimes, VERY busy at lunch so service can suffer, not much atmosphere

A few vegetarian items - Edit

Lemongrass has a few tofu items on its menu but I would inquire as to what exact ingredients are used, e.g., fish sauce could be used in some dishes. Their tofu dishes are tasty.

Pros: pleasant atmosphere, cleanliness in washrooms

Cons: check exact ingredients used, spotty service but mostly good, go at 11:30 for lunch

Return to Hamilton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lemongrass closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1394 times since Feb 2008.