Lemon Farm - Soi 39

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 66-22041056

Soi Sukumvit 39, 1/2 Soi Phrom Sri 1, Bangkok, Thailand,

Natural foods and products market with several branches in Bangkok, usually located by petrol station. Stocks a little of everything from organic products, fresh produce, deli, juice bar, dried Thai food, herbal medicine and massage oils, to food available for lunch and early dinner (macrobiotic, organic, vegetarian). Lunch is all veg except for some fish. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by eric

A life saver for the health minded in Bangkok - Edit

We were so relieved when we found this place and saw it was stocked with a good selection of organic fresh produce. We're not raw foodists but we try to eat at least 50% raw, so when traveling we buy blenders and make our own raw smoothies for breakfast. Trouble is, without fresh organic produce the whole exercise is pointless, and this little place solved that dilemma for us.

Although not a huge selection (some of the veges there were unknown to us, so we erred on the side of caution and only got what we know can be consumed raw), it is enough to somehoe put together a string of nutritious smoothies. The fruit selection is better than the veg, with organic dragonfruit, papaya, watermelon, banana, guava, pineapple, etc. Even managed to pick up some tamarind, although not fresh in the pod (it's ready to eat, in a package).

There was a medium sized range of health minded self care products on offer too. I checked out a few local ones but was disappointed to see they contained SLS etc so no purchases made there. Did get some organic cold pressed coconut oil though, as well as some raw nuts and pumpkin seeds.

Didn't get a chance to try any of the macrobiotic soups since at 4pm they were all finished already (apparently the cafe is open between 9am and 2pm) but looking forward to trying some next time.

Interesting location in the back of a gas stand... can't say I would call it an ideal choice, but nonetheless very glad this place exists!

Pros: fresh organic produce, miscellaneous health products, macrobio cafe on premises

Cons: not so natural self care products

awesome salad - Edit

Was excited to try this little place. I was originally headed nearby to Rasayana but noticed this. While not comparable, and not raw, the macrobiotic food in this place was quite good, and tasted very clean & healthy. I tried the mixed salad which was filled with all kinds of things I had never eaten before. The only thing not vegan they offer is dried fish, so eating vegan there is pretty easy. I also had the sesame soup with was quite good, though a bit thick in places. Their food options are somewhat limited and they also run out of some choices if you come late.
The store has a large selection of health products and I also was able to pick some herbal teas to help with a cough I've been fighting.

Pros: Organic, Almost All Vegan

Cons: Limited menu

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lemon Farm - Soi 39 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6647 times since Dec 2010.