Leith Depot

138-140 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 5DT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar on Leith Walk with a number of marked vegan menu items including a vegan platter. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by Tilde

Vegan Platter - Edit

Leith Depot are doing some great vegan food right now. I was in last week and shared the vegan platter with a friend. The platter had stuffed vine leaves, mixed olives, smoked tomato hummus, sweet potato wedges (they were more like fries), beer battered pickles, vegan cheese on toast, chimmi churri pesto, bourbon bloody mary ketchup, olive oil and balsamic. It was also came with some extra bread and crackers. There's also a daily vegan special, some side dishes from the platter and a chocolate and avocado mousse.

The only downside is both times I've been in I've had to wait to order because the kitchen has been busy. So it might be worth giving yourself a bit of extra time.

Pros: Good value for money, Great selection of food , friendly staff

Cons: Wait for kitchen both times I've been

Quality Over Quantity - Edit

The sign outside Leith Depot said they had seafood and also vegan options, so we decided we had to give it a go. After all, it was a cute new place just across the road. However, they didn't have that many vegan options on the menu, which was a little disappointing, and they were more salad-like than I would usually go for.

Then the vegan dish arrived, and it was amazing. It was some kind of warm salad with kale and pears and walnuts and I can't even remember what else, but it was exciting and delicious. When I saw it on the menu I thought it wasn't a combination you would usually think would be good, but it was a great surprise.

Also the service was great, there was just one guy working and he was super friendly and the atmosphere was just lovely and really really chill.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, The pears and walnuts

Cons: Not many options, Could do with more junk food, Smells like a seafood restaurant

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leith Depot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.