Legumes Vegetariskt Matcafe

• Vegetarian
Contact 8-6693535

Hornsgatan 80, Stockholm, Sweden, 11821

Buffet style veggie restaurant where food is cooked and displayed in a warm case. Dishes such as falafel, lentil salads, casseroles, dips and rice-stuffed grape leaves. Ask which are vegan. All you can eat.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Buffet, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by gisaster25

Cheap and great food! - Edit

I love this place! Its 89kr for a dinner buffé, all you can eat, which is really cheap! The food was delicious! Especially the humous was perfect! It's not a fancy place but great for a chill night of tasty vegan/vegetarian buffé dinner with friends!

Nice price - Edit

Good price and lots of vegan options. The reason I didn't give a full rating was because of the lack of fresh veggies and options. They only had a salad which was drenched in dressing. I also found most of the warm dished very oily.

Over-all I'd recommend it but don't have high expectations. Bring meat eating friends as they'll for sure enjoy the different options and flavors. You won't leave hungry.

Pros: all you can eat , inexpensive , lots of vegan options

Cons: few fresh veggies , heavy on the oil

Pretty basic but very affordable - Edit

A very cosy place with a nice and helpful staff. They pointed out instantly all the vegan options which were many. Only few were non-vegan. The food was on the average side but still pretty good. My companion wasn't that thrilled. Anyway, as this is an all-you-can-eat place the price was very affordable. Even coffee/tea was included and soy milk was available. Works best as a quick lunch place for someone who doesn't expect something mindblowing.

Pros: Mainly vegan options, Cheap

Cons: Basic food, nothing fancy, Hummus wasn't good

Nice little diner - Edit

We just dropped in because it's near to my sisters apartment and we are surprised how good it was. Légumes has a fairly good variety of different dishes and all besides three dishes have been vegan. The price is very good (85 for the buffet with all you can eat) and we enjoyed the evening there.

Pros: a lot of vegan dishes, cheap

Great for lunch - Edit

Our hotel were not far from this place and we've had a lunch here. The place offers a big outdoor sitting area that is not directly on the road. You can enjoy your meal without too much noise outside. In terms of food, it offers a vegetarian buffet which is mainly vegan. You can ask for only vegan items and will have a big plate full of delicious food: falafel, hummus, fried vegetables, salads. You can come back to take food as much as you can. Tea and coffee is included which makes the lunch really inexpensive. The staff is friendly and helpful. A perfect place for a quick lunch.

Pros: mainly vegan, not too expensive, friendly staff, nice outdoor

Met my expectations - Edit

Most of the buffet dishes were vegan, it was cheap for the amount of food you could get and the falafel was surprisingly good (i like falafel but they trend to be pretty bad in most places)

Pros: Most of if vegan, Not too expensive, Near a subway

Cons: It could get crowded during rush hour, Not very cosy

Little dissappointed - Edit

Visited here with a company of ten. Considering how much hassle it was when half of the group were kids, the staff was very nice and helpful.

The food was nothing special. Some of the food was not vegan and you have to ask which ones. There was few sallads or other very fresh dishes. Some of the warm dishes were tasty. But.

Why this inconvenience of asking for the food? On a buffet one likes to taste new dishes first, very small portions to find out which are the best. Now I wasn't sure about the taste because everything was mixed up on the plate. Also had to eat a lot of something that I didn't really like and then couldn't enjoy the dishes that I liked.

As much as I would like to praise a vegetarian restaurant, I have to say I wont come again as long as the system of getting the food remains the same.

Pros: Some tasty dishes, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

Cons: Portions assemled by request, Not solely vegan

Boring interior - great food - Edit

It's cheap.
It's good.
It will fully satisfy even the "but isn't that a vegetarian restaurant?!"-guy.

I have been here twice and you know what you're going to get. A plate and a served buffé.
I'm not saying that the interior is terrible, but why not make it a little bit more cosy? Fix those lightbulbs maybe? Paint the walls? Make it not look like your nighbourhood pizzeria!

Pros: Sneeze protective glass over the buffé, Eat as much as you like, Cheap

Cons: Boring atmoshpere, Smile at the customers?, Better cups for coffee/tea

I love this place! - Edit

In need of some vegetables on my first trip to Stockholm, we came across this magical "legume" cafe and it met all of our needs. Wonderful vegetarian buffet of middle eastern style including salad, vegetables, hummus, falafel, börek, lasagne, moussaka. I always think I'll go back for seconds, but it's so hearty I rarely do. Water, coffee/tea and bread are included in the price, which at 80k is pretty great. The staff are always really friendly too.

Pros: Delicious food, Variety, Staff

fabulous - Edit

den här är min favorit vegetarisk resturang i Stockholm. De har också en bylligt grej- det "hussets smörgås" som är en ganska stor smörgås med många grönsaker, homous och sås på- det kan blir vegan om man bara frågga att de sätta ingen yoghurt på. 49:- spän bara! Man kan ta soppa för 50:- också. Stora platen är 85:- men är helt fantastisk-

Pros: Jätte gott mat, Två billigt option, Vänliga

Cons: Cafe eller Te kostar extra, ingen mer!

Good value - Edit

This restaurant offers a vegetarian buffet, most of the salad dishes and a few of the hot dishes seemed to be vegan. All is prepared before hand and kept warm behind the counter. There seemed to be quite some variety in the dishes, they had falafel, börek, lasagne, mousaka, a curry-type dish + several salads. Water and coffee/tea are included in the very cheap price. Seemed popular with locals (regulars).

Pros: Variety in dishes, Good value, Quick bite

Cons: Food not warm enough

Decent, affordable buffet - Edit

I popped in here for a quick lunch before my flight back home. I thought it'd be a bit far to get to on foot from Slussen, but it was actually very much walkable. Took me less than 10 minutes.

They served an all-you-can-eat buffet for SEK80. The day I went, only one warm main course and the falafel were not vegan, all the rest of the main courses and salads (more than 10 choices in total) were. Staff told me there were eggs in the falafel, which IMO was a completely unnecessary ingredient. But well, it was what it was.

Technically you can go for seconds, thirds, fourths or however many times you'd like, but as the display cabinets are only open on their side, you have to tell them which one and how much you want and they will pick it for you. I can understand their reason for doing so, but I just found it a little annoying. Plus I don't really like different foods all piled up on one another, and I'm sure some people feel the same, in here I'd just have to suck it up or risk coming off as pesky.

Granted, all that was just my pet peeve. Food was good, price couldn't be beat, staff was cordial, and the place was spotless. Would definitely come again next time in town.

Pros: great value, good food

Cons: can't pick own food

Recommended - Edit

Buffet with a rich choice of meals. The food is excellent, you get very good value for money. Once you paid for tea or coffee, you can take it as much as you like.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

gone there twice - Edit

The food was awesome. You pay 80 krona and you can eat as much as you want. Water and crispbread were for free. You can also buy other drinks and some dishes. The atmosphere and the service were nice. That is why we went there twice. Except for three dishes (lasagne, tzatziki and falafel) everything was vegan.

Pros: good assortment, nice atmosphere, inexpensive

Great place - Edit

Contrary to what the other reviewer said, the guy behind the counter did speak English, admittedly not fluently, but he understood what I wanted perfectly well and was happy to point out the vegan dishes which were the big majority of what was on offer. The food was really tasty and plentiful. He put a huge spoonful on my plate of all the dishes I chose. You can eat as much as you want for 80 kronor (a bit less than £8), so I went back for a second helping, making myself almost sick in the end. I think it's really cheap for Stockholm. The food was delicious, with mainly Middle Eastern type dishes. It was a very hot day so the free icy water was very welcome.

Pros: Cheap, Delicious food, Simple, straightforward dishes

Tasty, affordable lunch on the terrace - Edit

I had a very nice lunch platter here comprising a selection of the cold items in their glass case. I had: potato salad, marinated tempeh, hummus, stuffed grape leaves, cucumber & tomato salad, lentil salad. It really hit the spot.

A few words of warning: the woman at the counter (where you order) speaks no English so be prepared to gesture wildly or enlist a Swede to help translate. Also, they sell some refrigerated fruit drinks with natural-looking imagery on the cans that are in fact Parmalat-produced, chemical-laden, foul concoctions containing no real juice; pour yourself a free glass of water instead!

Pros: Yummy lunch , Cheap for Stockholm, Sit outside on the terrace

Cons: No English spoken, Bad fruit drinks

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Legumes Vegetariskt Matcafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7140 times since Aug 2007.