Legacy Bagelry & Coffee Bar

Contact 417-501-1345

3049 S Fremont Ave, Springfield, Missouri, USA, 65804

Bagerly and bakery also offering sandwiches, coffee drinks, sometimes soup. Has vegan cakes and bakery items, and non-dairy cream cheese. Rustic decor with wooden furniture. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sat 6:30am-12:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by clove3950

Vegan Donuts in Springfield? Yes Please! - Edit

I love Legacy. If I had my way I would eat their bagels every morning. Legacy offers something no other place in Springfield does - Real, New York bagels. And I'm not talking the bagels you'll find at Panera, the bakery of your grocery store, or the packaged remnants of bready substances called bagels in the bread aisle of WalMart. I'm talking BAGELS.

These guys have mastered it. And if you've had a bagel from one of the "hipper" places in town, chances are, it was a Legacy Bagel.

BUT, Legacy doesn't just make bagels. No. They make cream cheese schmears for your vegetarian friends too. They serve Daiya Cream Cheese in their bagelry, and... to the whole point of this review - Donuts.

That's right... the holy mecha of all sweet pastries. A deep fried little ball of joy that the vegan community has slowly started claiming for ourselves. Yes. Donuts. And Legacy has vegan Donuts. Holes actually... but deep fried sweet bread all the same. The ones covered in powdered sugar are proudly exclaimed as vegan, and they don't disappoint. Stumbling upon these was a taste of heaven. An ode to the last bucket of day old vegan donuts I got in Eugene Oregon, to the donuts I got in food coops across the country, to the grand donut hole in the sky. Yes, friends, Legacy has these and they are miraculous.

And that's all I have to say about that. If you haven't checked out Legacy and you live in Springfield, it is due time.

Pros: Donuts!, Real Bagels!, Daiya!

Cons: They close early :(, Tiny cups of coffee, They run out of bagels quickly

Tasty vegan bagels! - Edit

This is a small, quaint, and cozy bagel place. I was visiting family in the area and decided to try it out and I'm glad I did! They have a decent selection of vegan bagels that are very good. I had the blueberry bagel and quite enjoyed it. They offer 1 choice of vegan cream cheese, Daiya. I do not like Daiya cream cheese at all, but it's nice they at least offer it. They offer vegan butter too. They also have non-dairy milks for your hot beverages. The staff was very friendly. Would've given 4 stars if they had better vegan cream cheese!

Return to Springfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Legacy Bagelry & Coffee Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.