Lee Ocarina Cafe

+852-92027785

Yung Shue Wan Main Street 45, Lamma Island, Outlying Islands, Hong Kong, China

Opened Jul 2014 an all veg cafe situated 20 meters off the main drag in Yung Shue Wan. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Western

First Review by Stevie

Decent food - recommend sitting outside - Edit

Wanted to try this place as we had a terrible experience at Bookworm Cafe last time I was on Lamma.

I'd echo comments from Ryecatcher and Stevie: the serving staff were excellent: kind, attentive and knowledgeable; the food was good and decent value; however I would recommend sitting outside. Ocarina music is all well and good but having only three songs on loop becomes somewhat repetitive...

Still, I'll definitely go back next time I'm on the island!

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-20

Pros: Good food at reasonable prices, Knowledgeable staff able to modify meals

Worth a visit - Edit

A cafe providing a variety of dishes, including a set meal of the day (good value!).
Vegan dishes are very limited but most meals can be prepared by leaving out dairy and so on, just ask. The staff is very capable and friendly. Once I asked for something vegan to eat, my concern was understood right away and advised in a knowledgable way. My first course for instance was a mushroom soup with soy milk which usually would have been made with cream.
Food was very good, nicely prepared, tasted great, I was impressed! My almond milk latte was pretty large and tasted also great.
There are many ocarina flutes on display which are for sell as well. No WiFi.
Now the downsides: As I entered, I was given a sheet of paper informing me that no loud noice was allowed inside. To make it even weirder: Not only was I alone, I was also the only guest in the cafe (the son(?) of the waitress was sitting around somewhere too). Apparently the only thing allowed was to sit quietly on your seat and listen to the ocarina music they badger you with incessantly. On top of that they overdo it with the air conditioning.
I would go again, but only as long as I can sit outside.

Pros: tasty and impressive food, veganism is understood, attentive, helpful staff

Cons: annoying music

Lee Ocarina Cafe, Hong Kong - Edit

My eating partner stumbled on this place when bumbling around. At the time it wasn't listed on happycow. The 2 places nearby that were both listed were both packed. This is a fairly new place and is slightly off the main drag and had the benefit for the 2 of us of having some seating available. Inside there was music being played by someone with a guitar (I think the owner) but we went for the seating outside in the nice weather.

The waiter was very welcoming and helpful and clearly spoke at least some English (so often such a useful bonus). I was with a native speaker though who popped the question on what was vegan. In an instant there was another member of staff (I think from the kitchen also helping). They were more than happy to accommodate us and most of the dishes on the menu could be made vegan friendly.

I plumped for the burger and chips. Good staple eating. My fellow eater went for a spaghetti dish. I tried some of that and the pasta was cooked perfectly, exactly to the right texture.

Throw in a drink, 10% service charge and a small tip and it was 200 bucks honky.

Pros: vegan friendly, helpful staff

Return to Outlying Islands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lee Ocarina Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.