Lee Jae Veg Food Stall

Contact n/a

204-208 Soi Yaowarat 8, Charoen Krung Rd Soi 14, Khet Samphantawongse (at China Town), Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

麗姐素菜館 is a veggie food stall in Samphantawongse (China Town), next to Check Inn Chinatown hotel. Look for the red & yellow "jay" flags (vegetarian). Everything on the menu (with pictures) is supposed to be vegan, made with tofu, noodle, and rice. Not sure if the mock meats are vegan or not. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Thai, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by reissausta ja ruokaa

Totally safe up that street - keep going! - Edit

At first I almost thought we weren't going to find it - but we did. Food is cooked fresh to order and everything on the menu is vegetarian so no need to worry about cheeky meat hiding in there somewhere. We ate there twice, all the food was really tasty and 40bht for most of the dishes!! I recommend the macaroni

Pros: Friendly service, Tasty food, Easy to spot if you stick with the street

Cons: Easy to miss if you chicken out - stick with the b

Small, but great - Edit

Easily accessible by walk from the Bangkok main railway station - Hua Lamphong. Situated in "Little China", easy to find. Food is delicious and quickly prepared, not expansive, definitely a great value for the Thai capital and such a good location. Friendly staff. Quite a small premises, just a few stools near the food stall. No disposable plastic dishes/cutlery, so environmentally-friendly - that's nice.

Pros: Great value for Bangkok, quickly done, Nice staff, Close to Bangkok main railway station

really fast, nice and delicious - Edit

It's a really nice street food place with many choices on food, all are vegetarian, maybe even vegan. The food I got was delicious, the people were really nice and they made it in only a few minutes!
The alley is hidden from the crowds, there's a roof so you can sit in the shade and there's a nice breeze so you finally stop sweating while sitting there ;)
All in all a really good street good place!
It's relatively easy to find. The street is tiny so I walked by at first but once you're walking along the street it's in you can't miss it with it's banners!

Yummy and cheap - Edit

I really liked this place. The food was simple, it wouldn't be considered amazing by the standards of living in China or Taiwan. But it was really tasty. I tried three entrees and liked them all. I'll definitely go back. Dishes were cheap, 30 or 40 baht. They didn't speak much English, but they did speak some Mandarin and I was able to get by. When I asked if I could order food to go, they said no.

Good looking menu, bad service - Edit

This restaurant was surprisingly easy to find. There were big yellow advertisement hanging by this street restaurant.

They had a menu and I tried to order a noodle soup. After I tried to order that I also tried to point some mock meat photos. Eventually I got only the mock meats, no noodle soup. I decided to continue walking around Yaowarat instead of going and asking for the soup. The person serving me did not smile at all and was bored. I got the feeling that I was not welcome.

I think I will visit this place because the menu seemed interesting, but I hope next time they will understand that I might want both soup and a mock meat portion.

Pros: cheap, feeling of street food

Cons: not too friendly customer service

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lee Jae Veg Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3404 times since Apr 2013.