Lechonera El Coqui

( 1 review )

3620 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32210

Serves meat, vegan options available. Puerto Rican restaurant with separate vegan menu available using locally sourced vegan meat replacements. Open Wed-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Latin, Puerto Rican, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Jimmy Jams

Fantastic! - Edit

Their new vegan menu has only been around a month, but these people know what they're doing. I had a great lunch, trying several dishes and chatting with the super-friendly owners and staff. The pastelillos were absolutely delicious, better than any I've had in NY or LA. And vegan mofongo relleno? Are you kidding me? So good. The tostone de pana was excellent, especially with the garlic sauce. Yes, I ate that much for lunch. Yes, I also had dessert. Yes, the waitresses made fun of me (just a little, and for good reason!)

I love the story behind the menu, too. The couple's teenage daughter went vegan a couple of years ago and they've spent the last 18 months perfecting plant-based versions of all the classic Puerto Rican dishes. And they worked with the Zen Butcher to develop products with the right textures and flavors to incorporate into their recipes, so they're sourcing locally, too. I can't wait to go back and eat my way through the rest of the menu.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-13

Pros: Great Food, Great Value, Vegan Puerto Rican Food!

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lechonera El Coqui closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.