REMOVED: L'Ebouillante

Contact 0142710969

6 rue des Barres (at Rue de l'Hotel de Ville), Paris, France, 75004

Serves meat, vegan options available. L'ébouillanté menu is around 70% vegetarian (no vegan options). Good dinner salads, and "bricks" (Tunisian filled crepes). A few have tuna (thon) or ham (jambon), others are veg. Spectacular terrace in the heart of the Marais, with the medieval St-Gervais church overlooking it. Has Wi-fi. REMOVED SEP 2016 - NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm. Summer hours: daily, from 12:00 - 22:00 (10:00 pm).

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, French, Non-veg

First Review by micheleoboe

Good for vegetarians - Edit

We chanced on L'Ebouillante when we were in need of food. The selections were good for the lacto-ovo vegetarians. There was a vegan soup that was good. Service was very friendly.

Cons: limited vegan choices

Fantastic - well worth the visit! - Edit

Fantastic restaurant - we struggled to find healthy fresh vegetarian food in Paris. L'Eboullante was a pleasant find - we had the 'bricks' which was a crepe filled with fetta and salad. Delicious!!

Pros: lots of healthy food

Great location, rude staff - Edit

I arrived at a busy time and attempted to read the menu and search for a table. One waiter told me to get out of the way, another brusquely asked me to wait "somewhere else", with no indication of where that place might be. I duly obliged and took my business to another café (Bar du Marché), where I was greeted politely and served a delicious tarte aux légumes. I can't judge how the food is at L'Ebouillanté, I simply can't stand impolite and disrespectful staff.

Mixed Bag - Edit

My partner and I stopped here during our quest to find vegetarian-friendly Parisian food. We each ordered a brick and a glass of wine, and had a great table outside on the sidewalk. I thought the meal was wonderful, and was very happy to have something resembling a Parisian eating experience, but my partner was less impressed. He thought his brick was lackluster and that the meal was too expensive considering the quality of his food. Although I thought my food was worth the price, I would agree with the previous review; this restaurant is not inexpensive. For Paris it was moderate. Also in agreement with previous reviewers, there were few if any vegan options.

Pros: Location

Limited vegan choices - Edit

This place serves salads and omlettes, a number of which are vegetarian, and a couple of the salads are vegan. Then again, one can find omlettes or salads in almost any restaurant in Paris, so there is little that distinguishes this place in that regard. In all, this places seems little more vegetarian friendly than most other places in Paris.

Pros: Limited choices

Fabulous - Edit

This is a MUST EAT restaurant, especially for any vegetarian travelling with meat-eating friends. All in my party were thrilled with the food. The owner makes the crepes individually in the back (with semolina and no eggs) and will leave eggs out of any dishes. They use fresh goat cheese and local produce. A true French meal for those of us who thought we couldn't get it. Restaurant is an easy choice for lacto vegetarians and lacto-ovo. I bet that they would be willing to accomodate vegans because everything is made fresh on site. I can't give this a 5-cow rating because it's not completely vegetarian, but I would if I could!

Pros: Fresh, local ingredients, True French food, Loved by vegetarians and non

Cons: Small

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: L'Ebouillante closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6214 times since Jul 2009.