First Review by SarahBaker

A great find on Viktualienmarkt! - Edit

It took me some tome to find this between all the other stalls on Viktualienmarkt, but it was definitely worth it! The choice is huge: Lots of fresh bread, veggies and fruits, a very large choice of spreads, and also a lot of different cakes and cookies. Wow!
Staff were friendly, too, and there are different things you can try and taste. In the end, I bought a bag of Lebkuchen (gingerbread) as it's quite hard to get vegan Lebkuchen. The bag came to 9,95€, but as it contains five big cakes and it's generally quite expensive in it's vegan version, I think that's ok - it's also freshly baked by hand, not in a factory! I only thought that the spreads were too expensive, you can get them cheaper elsewhere (in any Reformhaus or drugstore).
I definitely recommend a visit here if you would like to stock up on vegan goodies! The stall is also a nice counterpart opposed to all those non-vegan stalls!

Pros: Huge choice, Good service, All vegan

Cons: A bit hard to find, The spreads are too expensive

I'm new to German food - Edit

So this is my first time in Germany and as a vegan I knew I wouldn't get to try the traditional fare. Dips seem popular and this place has a lot. They have bread and cookies. Even Lebenkuchen cookies. I tried the onion dip with bread. Very good. I also had an apple streudel. Very good! They also had vegan salad dressing I will probably get.

Pros: different stuff

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lebe Gesund closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.