First Review by SallyMackenzie

mock meats - Edit

A wide range of mock meats, fish and egg available on the menu. Rice dishes were especially tasty and good portion size for a lunch or lighter dinner. Get an appetiser or mock meat dish with rice if you're hungry! It's a quiet but clean and fresh environment.

Pros: wide selection, very tasty rice dishes, modern environment

Cons: quiet, staff not too good at English but not terrible

Fantastic - Edit

I walked miles looking for a salad restaurant I saw advertised and came upon this restaurant.
I ordered the rolls, I can't remember the name only that they were very cheap, 8000 and they were big and delicious.
I also had the grilled eggplant with sesame, big serving. I wanted to order more food just for the taste but was so full.
This cost me 60 ,000 dong.
My only disappointment is I just discovered it yesterday and I leave today.

Pros: Good food , Friendly staff, Good menu

High prices, low taste - Edit

We ate here twice. It's easy to find and has a nice, bright atmosphere with friendly staff. The first time we ate Phnom Penh Noodle Soup, Wonton Egg Noodle Soup (with different noodles) and the Lean&Green Springrolls and Vietnamese Shredded Pork Skin Rolls. The springrolls were all dissappointing, very small and we had to order a minimum of two (they don't serve only one, but in the menu the price is given for one..). The Lean&Green Spring Rolls were actually no rolls but vegetable balls with breading and (vegan) mayonaise. The soups were with little taste and had too many and too slobbery noodles - and almost no vegetables.

We gave it a 2nd try and ordered Pho Bo, Pho Ga, the South Vietnamese Spring Rolls and the Vietnamese Clear Dumplings. Springrolls and Dumpling portions are really a joke, way to small and the taste average. The Pho Bo tasted better than the Ga (Bo is with "Beef", Ga is with "Chicken") but both were pretty tasteless. Also any local vegetarian Restaurant serves much more basil, cilantro, beansprouds etc. for self-service. No chili, no lemon extra. It's ok - not more.

Pros: Interior, Staff, Good location

Cons: Taste(less), small portions, price

Great Choice - Edit

Hanoi can be challenging for vegans, so we were delighted that Lean and Green serves delicious vegan and vegetarian Vietnamese food. The restaurant is not far from the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake, and the interior is clean and bright. The menu is extensive and service is very welcoming. We dined here multiple times and really enjoyed everything we ordered here. Dinner for two was inexpensive by U.S. standards, about $10 to $12. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Extensive menu, Friendly service, Inexpensive

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lean and Green closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 407 times since Dec 2012.