Leahi Health

808-261-5683

481 Kuulei Rd (at Oahu), Kailua, Hawaii, USA, 96734

Juice and smoothie bar that uses local and organic ingredients in all of the beverages, sandwiches, and salads. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by somuchmoresatan

Delicious - Edit

I was looking for vegetarian/vegan options in hawaii and this little treasure is AMAZING. Super delicious rainbow tacos and the Kaimana Cocktail was sensational. This is a must go eat place.

Pros: LOTS of vegan options

rainbow tacos and green machine smoothie ? - Edit

Everything is fresh, tasty and nutritious! I had the rainbow tacos and the green machine smoothie - would recommend both!

delicious and healthy! - Edit

Highly recommend any of their bowls with the $2 added proteins. The surfer bowl is a super filling kale salad over brown rice with furikake, tomatoes, avocado, cukes, tahini dressing and then optional chia seeds and tofu added on top. I could eat here everyday!

Leahi Health - Kailua - Edit

Its nice to see more healthy restaurants coming into Kailua! Leahi Health is located where the Coconut Grove Music shop used to be. It is a little difficult to get to location if you are attempting to make a left turn from Kuulei Road. There is limited parking on the right side of the building near McDonald's.

Inside Leahi Health is very airy and open. There is limited seating inside and some outdoor seating as well. The menu looked really great. The food menu looked amazing. They use all organic ingredients in all of their beverages, sandwiches and salads grown in Hawai'i.

Upon entering I saw that the menu was located on the wall, I didn't have the opportunity to see if all of the smoothies listed where vegan as there were others behind me in line and the menu had a lot of writing so I asked the young lady at the register if the smoothies were vegan-friendly. She gave me a short and condescending, "All except for the ones with honey." Her attitude totally threw me off as it was unwarranted and unexpected. I was going to order food, but given the vibe I received, I just ordered the Starburst smoothie. When payment time came, it was handled through the automated touch screen, after the cashier punched in what she needed to, she flipped it over to me, I hit submit payment and I was waiting for my receipt, when I didn't receive one, I asked for one and again, it was a short, " We don't print receipts." She needs to check her tone and at least smile - not the great aloha service I receive in Kailua. The other young lady who made my smoothie was wonderful though! She was very sweet and genuine and because of her kindness and spirit of aloha, I will be back again.

The smoothie had a light texture and tasted .. like a Starburst - it was really good. The small was $5.00. I would have given 4 Happy Cows if it wasn't for the unwelcoming vibe I received.

Updated from previous review on Friday December 11, 2015:
I have since visited Leahi Health and encountered the same young lady at the register who was receptive and pleasant this time around. This time I tried the Green Monster smoothie (small $6.00): Almond milk, local greens mix, banana, and almond butter (minus the honey) - it was very tasty. Updated from 2 to 4 Happy Cows.

Pros: Vegan Friendly , Tasty Smoothies

Cons: Parking

Surprisingly Delicious! - Edit

I'm not much of a taco fan, myself, but I had the Surf Tacos and they were incredible! They come in warm pita bread "shells" (those aren't vegan, ask for corn shells as a replacement) and all the kale, avocado with furikake, cucumbers, almonds, and slightly spicey ginger tahini dressing was very well thought out and worked together marvellously. I will definitely be coming back. Very vegan friendly and friendly just in general. :)

Pros: Great portions for the price , Vegetarian (extremely vegan friendly), Right in the middle of Kailua

Cons: Parking (have to park at mcdonalds)

Return to Kailua Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leahi Health closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.