1 Review

First Review by Tigra220

Rollin Out the Deliciousness! - Edit

It took me a while to try Leafy Sea Dragon because their menu seemed to have a heavy cheese-based theme, and I never ate cheese, even in my pre-vegan years. But they were at Zen Nights yestereve, so I decided to try a few things.

SEITAN QUESADILLA $8 - Ordered "sin queso," meaning without cheese, but there was a mix-up and I was given cheese. The man who took my order thought I meant no quesadilla sauce. One bite and I knew... So I returned them and they made a fresh batch for me, sin queso. No harm, no foul. The seitan is seasoned perfectly. The spicy house quesadilla sauce was an excellent addition and did not taste "cheesy" at all. Awesome dish. I'd order it again!

ROSEMARY TOFU SCRAMBLE HASH $5 - I ordered this as a bowl, and DD ordered it as a burrito. I demand to know with what sorcery this was made! Best tofu scramble, ever! The blending of ingredients, the seasonings, the freshness, and the dab of chili sauce atop all left me wanting more!

ONION RINGS $5 - I don't know what the order originally contained because it appeared that DD had eaten 1/2 of them before they ever got to me (That's the last time I'll send her to retrieve my order! jk), so my picture is post DD's attack. I don't blame her though. They must have had some leftover magic from the tofu scramble and put it into the onion rings. I swear, these are like the best onion rings I have ever had. And I don't know what sauce was put on the side, but it was the perfect dipping sauce.

Food trucks sometimes get a bad name, but Leafy Sea Dragon is more like a bad-ass vegan restaurant on wheels. Delicious vegan comfort food. Affordable prices. Leaves you wanting more! I'll be tracking them down from now on!

Pros: excellent flavors; delicious food, reasonable prices

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Leafy Sea Dragon - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.