Leafy Greens Cafe

Contact 0105954563

Plot 328 Rocky Ridge Rd, Muldersdrift, Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1747

Vegan food cafe and health shop/deli situated on an organic farm outside of the city and shares the premises with the Casalinga Restaurant. Offers buffet plus juices, wheatgrass, smoothies, raw cake, and raw chocolate. Oct 2016 reported no longer using honey - please confirm. Wed-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Buffet, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by lilliebliss

Best vegan restaurant I've ever been to. - Edit

I frequent Leafy Greens for their buffets. Their selection is wonderfully diverse -- a broad range of savouries and desserts are sold -- and combines health with beautiful tastes and textures.

Their raw food is pleasant, but I'd go for their cooked vegan pizza, bakes and curries any day. Leafy Greens' brown rice moussaka is a personal favourite, and I am always impressed by their vegan cheese.

The staff members have always been friendly. I adore the fact that they grow all of their own food on the premises. The veggie patches and grounds are stunning (the property itself is shared with Casalinga, a little coffee shop and church, and is frequently used for weddings).

Leafy Greens also sells a cookbook that details all of their recipes, which is excellent for vegans (like myself) who enjoy trying out delicious new dishes in the kitchen.

The atmosphere is pleasant, and I do admit that the food is pricey, but it is a premium that I am always willing to pay.

Pros: Excellent food, Great service, Beautiful gardens

Cons: Expensive, The location isn't central

Refreshing atmosphere, friendly staff, pricy - Edit

I have been to Leafy Greens about 3/4 times. Antonia is such a sweetheart. Her love just flows in the restaurant. The desserts are great. The food is also nice, I had the buffet. My only disappointment is that buffet is limited to a single plate so often food goes wasted as people fill it up as they are not allowed to go for seconds.

The restaurant is on a family farm. Most of the fresh vegetables used is from the farm itself. The only thing that makes this cafe and store not vegan is its honey available in the store. I do not think it is in the buffet nor the menu though.

There is the option of sitting inside or outside. Sometimes it can get busy you only have space outside.

Pros: Fresh and healthy food, Delicious sweet desserts

Cons: Pricey, Buffet is limited to a plate

Best Vegan cuisine in Jozi - Edit

Leafy Greens is by far my favourite Vegan restaurant to visit & enjoy a meal at. Freshest, most tasty & organic ingredients used. The buffet is excellent with a huge raw food selection. Perfect for non Vegans as well. Tasty, wholesome & well presented food. Friendly staff. I could eat there on a weekly basis!

Leafy Greens Delight - Edit

Leafy Greens may be far to drive to for quite a number of those living in the Johannesburg or Pretoria area, but my friends, it is well worth that drive. Situated near the picturesque Cradle of Humankind, this Vegan restaurant is almost always full, so book a table before you go.

Leafy greens have a vegetable garden on the property from which they make delicious seasonal vegan dishes so you know that the produce is organic and local. The restaurant staff are friendly, knowledgeable and there is a generally light and happy atmosphere. The restaurant has inside and outside seating. Merely the walk from the parking lot is breathtakingly beautiful.

The buffet holds a great variety of options to eat, both cold, room temperature raw and warm food. There are so many different flavours and sensations that blew my mind. Pile up a plate, or go back for seconds, you will most likely be full before you can taste everything on offer. And I have an impressive capacity.

There are interesting drinks on offer too, and nobody gets antsy if you start leafing through the recipe books in the kitchen (I couldn't help myself).

The restaurant has a health shop adjacent and they sell some interesting things that other health shops I have been to don't stock. If you are vegetarian, vegan or even a sworn carnivore you will enjoy eating here.

Pros: Delicious food, Fresh and healthy, Beautiful location

Cons: Far from where I live, Expensive

Return to Johannesburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leafy Greens Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2314 times since Oct 2010.