Leafy Greens Cafe

Contact 727-289-7087

1626 Central Ave, St Petersburg, Florida, USA, 33712

Saint Petersburg raw food cafe. BYOB. Relocated here Apr 2014 and reported no longer offering hot soups, Dec 2014. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out, Fusion, All Raw

First Review by wendy

Fantastic! - Edit

I began with a ginger carrot juice that was delicious. Then I had the Thai Curry soup. I don't usually eat totally raw food, so at first the cold temperature felt strange, but I enjoyed the flavors a lot. Finally I had the veggie burger. When I first saw it I thought I'd have to eat it with a fork, but the lettuce held up as a bun. Very filling!

The prices here are on the higher side, so I won't be able to eat here often, but I understand why. The quality is fantastic. My server was friendly and I enjoyed sitting outside.

Pros: delicious, all raw vegan

Cons: pricey

Excellent food! - Edit

I had the Veggie burger and my husband had the Real Deal and a Caesar salad. Both of our meals were excellent and the portion sizes were good. We also split a piece of the chocolate pie which was amazing- rich dark chocolate and dusted with coconut. We will definitely be back!

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-06

Tasty raw vegan cuisine. - Edit

I had the Zucchini Spaghetti which is raw and very tasty. And finished it off with a piece of chocolate pie. Everything was fantastic. The space is small so you do feel snug inside in the dining area. Prices were a bit high but I'm fine paying that for quality food.

Pros: quality food

Cons: seating area small, a bit pricey

Amazing food but... - Edit

Food was absolutely delicious and surpassed all expectations! Get the tacos and pizza!! My only advise is don't go there if you're in a rush. Service was slow and waiters were not very attentive. Still giving this 5 stars because the food was amazing

wonderful place! - Edit

I've been following this place since they were located in downtown saint Pete. Their menu is small but what they do have, they make very well. I've tried everything off the menu and have no complaints!

Raw vegan - Edit

Started with the curry soup. Tasty but weird because I'm not used to cold soup. Had the Tuscan pizza as my entree. Super yummy and served with side salad-the dressing was really good. The crust was crunchy and could be addictive!!! Dessert was a chocolate lava cake. Very nutty and delicious. This spot was worth the drive from Tampa.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 14, 2014

Leafy Greens - perfect lunch! - Edit

Had a loose leaf Earl Grey with honey and almond milk to start. What a perfect start...

Then the Mixed Green salad, with avocado, sprouts, red onion, soaked almonds, cucumber, and a green dressing :)

Organic, raw, vegan and sooo yummy.

Saw a Thai soup (cold and raw) come out that looked amazing. Planning on having that tomorrow.

Pros: fresh bright flavors, excellent tea, warm and inviting staff

yummy raw vegan food :-) - Edit

I have eaten here several times...best not to come here during typical rush times.
Food is yummy, but kinda expensive. Place is clean and service is good. I have had almost everything on menu...it is all good. Ample portions.

A Treasure - Edit

Delicious vast menu. Very thoughtful combinations of ingredients for entrées. Desserts were amazing and the soups and smoothies a delight. Yummy and clean and healthy the way Raw Food artistry should be. The staff friendly, attentive and knowledgable.

Leafy Greens Cafe 30 Sep 2013 - Thank you so very much!

amazing - Edit

My wife and I are vegan. we were in St. Petersburg for some family business and searched for vegan restaurants in the area. Leafy Green popped up. We went and had a late lunch - it was amazing. great service with a friendly-laid back-knowledgeable vibe. Tuscan Pizza is ridiculous; my wife got the Real Deal - and it was amazing as well.

It's a solid place and we will absolutely go back.

Great service raw food for the win!! - Edit

This was by far my best raw vegan restaurant experience.. Small little cozy place, was busy when I went and the waitress did a great job of handling all of us. I had the pizza and it was good as well as a bunny love smoothie which was quite tasty. With my meal I had the thai coconut curry soup which was divine. And to end it all off the chocolate lava cake which was out of this world!! People need to learn how good raw food can be!! Please visit this cafe.

Pros: Service

Devil in the details - Edit

Driving through the area we were happy to see a raw place. It was easy enough to find. We ordered the mediterranean pizza and the burger. I was a little surprised the they only offered one gluten-free entree. For two lunch entrees, no drink or desserts or appetizers, it was over $35, not including tip. It took a long time to get our food, and we were surprised that they use standard styrofoam to-go containers. The staff was friendly. The food was good-not amazing, but solid. The pizza crust was thick enough not to get soggy, which was nice. The portions were a good size, not too small but not big enough to warrant the price. I know that raw is expensive, but it just is not that expensive. I have run raw restaurants and eaten at many throughout the world, and it is hard to find the balance between expensive enough to make up for low sales in a raw-unfriendly market and moderate enough to let newbies try a new way of eating in order to build clientele in those markets, but this place is priced like the best raw restaurants in NYC, where everything is much more expensive anyway. So, the details: cost, eco-friendliness, time to get our food, are where the score come from. If that doesn't matter to you, give this place a try, the food alone would get four cows from us.

Pros: Convenient, Raw/vegan, Tasty

Cons: Expensive, Took a long time, Styrofoam

Leafy Greens Cafe 30 Sep 2013 - Just wanted to thank you for your review, however, we are VERY conscious about what we do and what our market is. We are 90% organic - if you know about organic produce, you will know that the cost of organic is about 3 times the cost of conventional. Our food is actually less than 20% higher than our conventional competition. In essence, the cafe has a MUCH smaller profit margin than our conventional counterparts. I am unsure where you have eaten but the chef from Pure Food and Wine from New York as well as David Wolfe himself, said it was the BEST raw food restaurant they had ever been to! We are very proud and conscientious about what we do and EVERYTHING including the details like mustard and raw ketchup are made at the cafe from scratch. Sorry, but I have eaten at many raw food places and I can safely say we blow the others away! I suggest you come back and try it again after visiting some others. You said you have run raw food restaurants -- were they organic?

Great food and service - Edit

Very good food, fast. Quality is excellent. Service is great as well!

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leafy Greens Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.