CLOSED: Leaf Teahouse

208-336-5323

212 N 9th St, Boise, Idaho, USA, 83702

Tearoom in downtown Boise offering loose leaf teas by the pot or pound. Offers light vegan food like sandwiches, salads, and snacks. Opened June 2014. Confirmed closed, Apr 2017. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American

First Review by Cindy Sue

Weight off my shoulders - Edit

Love, Love, Love! My mom, sister, and I went here on a Monday. Ordered two hot teas for my mom and I, a "happy monkey" for my sister, and a greatly enjoyed Hummus Sandwich. Nice atmosphere as well. No worry about what Im eating is animal derived. Go to relax and great price, too.

Pros: Low cost, Great Atmosphere , Good taste and is good for you

Cons: In boise, I live in MtnHome.

Brothy Bowl of Warm Soup DELIGHT - Edit

What a delightful little find in downtown Boise. Beautiful scones, awesome soup and a terrific mushroom sandwich. I couldn't be happier...unless there was a sister store in my hometown of Denver!

Pros: All vegan!, Friendly staff, Great food

Cons: Wish it seated more

Love this place!! - Edit

The staff is very kind and knowledgeable. The tea is always hot and the snacks are delicious. Great little spot downtown!

Pros: Everything is vegan.

Cons: none

My go to spot on layovers in BOI - Edit

I stumbled across this gem about a year ago on my layover with work. I'm in Boise a few times a month and rain or snow or shine, I walk the two miles from the hotel. The tea selection is awesome, and they are happy to recommend a blend. Over the past year or so I've sampled pretty much the whole menu. The food is fresh , the soups delish, and the scones with the clotted vegan cream is worth the extra thirty minutes on the treadmill. Thank you for always improving my layover here in Boise.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up! - Edit

Good service, great food! I had the pesto bowl and a locally brewed Kombucha. Who'd a thunk to put pistachios in a pesto bowl?!

Pros: Great food!, Friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Cons: No complaints

Cute vegan cafe - Edit

Leaf Teahouse is a small, cozy shop right downtown with an all-vegan soup and sandwich menu. The owner was a genuinely nice person and the food was good! Perfect place for a light lunch or tea with a friend. :-)

Pros: Downtown, All Vegan, Lots of Tea!

Delightful Cafe In the Heart of Downtown Boise - Edit

While attending a conference in Boise, Leaf Teahouse became the perfect place for me to grab lunch as it was only several blocks from my hotel and conference center. I have many food sensitivities and am also gluten-free and vegan. The owner was helpful and patient with all of my questions and offered to make me something that would suit my needs. She created a delicious salad that we topped with the pea/lime/cilantro hummus for a dressing--simply delicious. The organic spearmint tea was the perfect compliment to my lunch. This cafe has the only completely vegan menu that I could find in all of Boise. Stop in and check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Pros: Great food, Healthy choices, Wonderful downtown location

Contributions +55

Gem in Downtown Boise - Edit

What a lovely vegan oasis in downtown Boise. The owner took my order at the counter and patiently fielded my many questions about the menu. Then, she happily offered to make me a combination salad using ingredients from several dishes to accommodate my many food sensitivities. I ended up eating an amazing salad with a serving of pea/cilantro hummus on the side for my dressing. The perfectly brewed spearmint tea was a delightful addition to my lunch. High ingredient integrity and appropriately-sized desserts just make this place all the better.

I would highly recommend this as a must visit lunch spot when in Boise.

Pros: Friendly service, Beautiful presesentation

Cons: Not open early mornings

Super Excited - Edit

I'm not in downtown all that often, but I was there for an event and decided to open up my app to see if by chance there was something new in the area and there was! The hubby and I walked over to check it out.

Although I don't like tea, I was extremely happy with the chickpea salad sandwich. My husband was also happy with his southwest salad. Their menu was limited, but I'm assuming that will grow as they are a brand-new restaurant.

The owner was very polite and I will most definitely return.

Pros: friendly, inexpensive, excellent food

Cons: limited menu

Return to Boise Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Leaf Teahouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.