Leaf Eaters

Contact 7579543

Isla Carenero, Bocas Del Toro, Panama,

Vegetarian cafe offering salads, burgers, tacos, juices, baked goods, and daily specials. Since Dec 2013 was at 1st St, Isla Colon, and moved to this location in early-2016. Open Tue-Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Juice bar, Bakery, Latin American

First Review by JustaPack

Amazing - Edit

I am vegan and in Bocas I had hard time in finding something to eat. Leaf eaters was a real miracle. It's just amazing. Healthy delicious vegetarian food that can be made vegan, in a great, wonderful, breathtaking location. My husband and I took a taxi boat from Bocas town to Isla Carenero (1 minute) and enjoyed our lunch relaxing and tasting a perfect salad and a yummy vegan burger. The salad was what I was looking for... Something fresh and nutritious. The burger was very good, especially the combination dry tomatoes and quinoa in the patty. The owner is very kind and her presence makes the restaurant even more beautiful. I loved every single detail. I wish I had a place like this in every city I go. Only one suggestion for the owner: prepare a vegan cake next time! I am sure it will be delicious

Pros: amazing location , delicious food, reasonable price , nice staff

Cons: no vegan dessert

interesting but expensive - Edit

We went there twice. The food was very tasty. They served to us nuts hamburgers, houmous sandwich, avocado sandwich...
Almost all the dishes can be made as vegan.
But for 4 smoothies and 2 sandwiches, we paid 36 $ the first time, it seems to be excessive. Moreover, be careful, the indicated prices don't include the service (10 percent more).
The ice cream is unfortunately not vegan.
The location is practical
And you can eat above the water, seeing the passing boats. Really cool.

Pros: almost all can be vegan, location/atmosphere, super friendly staff

Cons: expensive

Just what we needed - Edit

Leafeaters was a great find and if we had stayed in Bocas Del Toro longer, we would have had lunch here every day.
The Hippie Bowl was fabulous. Besides including kale, almost non-existent in our travels in Panama, the dressing was amazing.
The view out into the water and the atmosphere in general were both perfect. Made me wish I had a cafe near my home with the same vibe. Everyone seemed happy to be there and happy to be eating their fantastic food.
I think we were accidentally overcharged but we didn't notice until we were a block away and felt it was too late to go fix it. But I would go back many times if I had stayed in that area. Leafeaters was like a shining beacon of light in a country of PB&J's for vegans.

Pros: vegan options!, the view out into the water

Hidden Treasure - Edit

Tucked away behind Island Traders Artisan Market lies one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining at in Central America. The mother-daughter team in the kitchen cook up delicious vegetarian delights like tofu tacos, three kinds of veggie burgers and a Hippie Bowl that includes kale, a very difficult product to find in Central America. Love, love, love this place.
In addition to the delicious food, seating looks out onto the water. So, even on a rainy day, the view is a treat.

Pros: Delicious food, Great View, Lovely owners

Return to Bocas Del Toro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leaf Eaters closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2467 times since May 2014.