Leaf Cafe

Contact 01517077747

65-67 Bold St, Liverpool, England, L1 4EZ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Independent tea shop and bar in Liverpool city centre. Menu contains several clearly labelled items for vegans, such as nibbles, soup, main dishes, sandwiches. Hosts art, vintage markets, music and club nights. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Mon 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Stevie

very hip place - Edit

I had booked a table for 8 as I was going with colleagues. They did not have our booking however, even though I could show a print out of their confirmation by e-mail. Fortunately there was still a large table available.

The food was good, or at least the vegetarian options. A colleague who had ordered salmon first got it half raw, and after she complained and it was put on the grill again she got it back blackened. But there were no issues with the vegetarian dishes, and they were quite creative.

They have a wonderful tea selection.

It was a Wednesday night, which meant "spotify Wednesday", everyone could order two songs for the night's playlist. We really liked this idea. However, they never played our songs even though we were there a long time. We had the very strong impression that the staff was only playing their own favourite songs as they were dancing happily. This really disappointed us. If you promise an on demand playlist, an idea we really liked, you should also do it.

Pros: several creative vegetarian options, nice vibe

Cons: don't bother requesting your favourite songs

Very limited vegan selection - Edit

I asked the staff about vegan options and the only possibilities were a soup and a curry (minus naan). I had the soup and it was really good, but still I was disappointed by the meagre offerings. The place itself is nice, always busy if quite cold during winter.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, What little food there is, is good

Cons: Limited vegan options, Cold

Nice for a drink - Edit

This has a nice atmosphere to go for a drink, but as the poster below says, it's not really the best choice for vegan food. As well as the limited choice I was also a bit sceptical that the staff really understood what vegans do and do not eat - to be on the safe side, I did not eat here.

Pros: atmosphere, location

Cons: limited vegan options

Leaf Cafe, Liverpool - Edit

I'm somewhat surprised somewhat that someone had decided to submit this place for happy cow. While they have some veg*n offerings, this is a sideline and eating meat is very much the main event. The Egg Cafe and mello mello are both all vego and 2 mins walk away.

Pros: Mainly for meat

Return to Liverpool Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Leaf Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.