Le Tricycle

Contact 0611933901

51 rue de Paradis, Paris, France, 75010

Began in fall-2014 as a vegetarian food cart mounted on a tricycle offering hot dogs. Then in May 2015 the 2 owners opened this brick-and-mortar cafe. Offers hot dogs, bento vegan bowls, plantain/sweet potato dishes, and fresh juices. Reported now full vegan, June 2016. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-6:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Notre-Dame

Dogtor Dre - Edit

After reading previous reviews of this place, thought I'd give it a go. And it exceeded my expectations. Genuine, friendly staff and delicious food. Really cheap for such good food. €15 for a hotdog, side, cake and a drink.

Pros: Portion size, Service, Quality

Super für jeden Tag - Edit

Man bestellt direkt unten an der Bar, die gleichzeitig die Küche St und bekommt dann an den Tisch geliefert. Das Restaurant hat einen südamerikanischen Flair und lädt zum verweilen ein. Vorallem die Beilagen waren sehr lecker, Kochbananen, Süßkartoffelbratling und gebratenes Gemüse.

Pros: Sehr lecker , Easy-going , Nichts ist frittiert

Cons: Etwas teuer

great hotdogs - Edit

Went here on Sunday. There was a long line outside, and the wait to sit upstairs was 40 min after we already waited 20 min in line, so we just got some stuff to go. It was ready super fast, like in 2 min. Great tasty food, my favorites were the sweet potato croquettes with a great salsa. Very friendly service too. No wonder this place is so popular!

Pros: greeeeaaat food

Cons: lines

Best Vegan Hot Dogs in France (and possibly the world)! - Edit

One might not eat hot dogs every day. But no matter if you eat two hot dogs a day, week, month, or year, the place to enjoy delicious dogs in a great environment is Le Tricycle. This very popular establishment offers a number of dog options, with equally delicious sides, and some good drinks to wash it down. Due to Le Tricycle's popularity, the seating area can be quite crowded, so visiting at off-peak ours may be a good strategy for some, and there's always the take-away option if it's full and you don't feel like waiting for a table.

Pros: Delicious dogs, many options and sides, economical

Cons: Can get quite busy

Inspired food - Edit

I love this place; the hotdogs are delicious, and the sides (plantain chips, sweet potato croquettes) are very tasty and unusual. There's a Caribbean influence in the cooking which I didn't expect from the restaurant's facebook page, but which is very welcome.

Unfortunately, when we visited (Sunday afternoon) the small sitting area was full and we would have had to wait 40 minutes, so we got takeaway. The seating area was lovely though, and I would definitely visit again to have a chance to sit down and to try some of the other choices.

Pros: Great food, Fast and friendly service, Speak English

Cons: May need to wait for table at busy times

Delicious dogs - Edit

Had two hot dogs take away, one as a lunch set menu with a side, juice and tea. Very delicious! Had a look upstairs at the seating area which also looks very nice, cosy and interesting

Pros: Great food, Very nicely decorated interior

Cons: Seating area looked busy

Yummy Dogs - Edit

I went with my sister and got two dogs and a fresh juice. Zero complaints, the food was delicious. The staff was also very kind and seemed very passionate about their food.

Pros: Excellent food, good value, open on sunday

Cons: seating can be difficult

lovely atmosphere - Edit

Lovely and friendly couple owners made me feel very comfortable to enjoy the food.

I am not a hotdog fun (in general) but I like the bowl set very much which was a beet hummus.

Pros: kind staffs, location, good atmosphere

Amazing vegan brunch! - Edit

One of the best places to have a brunch in Paris! It includes a hot dog (several choices, vegetarian or vegan the only difference being the kind of bread), a side dish, a juice and a dessert. Everything is really good, the staff is friendly, but you absolutely have to come early for the brunch (even before the opening time) since it's getting very popular and they don't take reservations.

Great Sunday Brunch! If only it wasn't so popular! - Edit

I just tried the Sunday brunch.

As mentioned in other comments, it comes with:
- A hot-dog (5 or 6 types, all vegan-izable and tasty)
- An appetizer (vegan options available, the plantains were a good choice)
- A fresh juice (nothing super exciting but good enough)
- A dessert (a couple of vegan options - the french toasts were superb!); and
- A hot drink (cafe, cafe with soy milk, chocolate with soy milk, tea)
All for 20€, which is a very good bargain.

I arrived around 12.15; and there was already a line of about 10 people. The service was a bit slow, so I got to start eating around 13.00.
It was worth waiting; but next time I'll go earlier.

By the way, even at the time I was leaving, people were still making line, so you can imagine how popular this place is!

It seems to me that the items from the Brunch are also part of the regular menu, so you can actually 'make' your own brunch even if you don't go on Sunday.
The price may get a bit more expensive; but perhaps you won't need to wait that long. :)

If only this place was fully vegan!!

Pros: good taste, fair price, nice variety

Cons: service a bit slow, brunch it's too popular! (is it bad?)

A great place! - Edit

I was very happy to try this place since they become clearly vegan friendly. The place is very pleasant, the staff is friendly and the food very good! I had two hot dogs that tasted good, with fair portions, and a nice dessert (granola and soya yoghurt). I also had a yummy pumpkin soup. Prices are fair for the quantity of food you can get. I am looking forward to try their brunch on sundays. Pictures look great! To sum up, I'll come back here to try new things.

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff, good hot dogs, pleasant place

Cons: not 100% vegan

Unique and yummy! - Edit

I was really impressed by this place. Unique dishes, cute place, very friendly owners. You place your order and pay on the ground floor, then go up a narrow spiral staircase to the small but bright and cozy upper floor and wait for them to bring you your stuff.

I went for the Sunday brunch, and it was really great. A choice of hot dogs with creative toppings and names (Snoop Dog, Dogter Dre etc.), a choice of side dishes (plantains, sweet potato fritters, corn), and a choice of "desserts" (pancakes, granola, matcha bread). Plus a freshly-squeezed juice AND a hot beverage, all for €20, which is quite good compared to other Paris brunch prices.

Also, it's not every place that offers hot dogs with brunch! Some of their other dishes, like the African-inspired plantains and sweet potato ones, are quite unique.

An earlier reviewer said that this place doesn't offer vegan options, but they definitely did by the time I was there (November 2015). Not everything is available in a vegan version, but there are enough things to choose from that I didn't feel like vegans had been overlooked.

Pros: Nice ambiance, Great food, Original concept

Very friendly - Edit

I only came once yet for a take-away hot dog. The staff was very friendly, we had a nice little chat while I was waiting for my hot dog to be ready. I took the Dogtor Dre hot dog, which was good, but I had a hard time trying not to spill fried onions everywhere !

I will certainly come back to try their other hot-dogs.

Vegan finally!! - Edit

Bento, vegan bowls and finally the bread also vegan!! Its's not just take out, there are sitting places upstairs, w/ free wifi and plenty of power outlets for laptops.
Nice service, a bit crowded during rush hours (12ish to 1pm). Otherwise a nice place to hang out

Not vegan friedly! - Edit

I have moved to this place for nothing. How can you open a vegetarian restaurant without any vegan option? Seriously, it is 2015, not 1995! The problem is bread, which contains cow's milk. Why not use soy milk to satisfy everyone?

Cons: no vegan option

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Tricycle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.