Le Thai Cuisine

Grote Overstraat 30, Deventer, Netherlands

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant whose menu lists the vegetarian dishes, from starter to mains and salads. A few dishes contain egg/dairy, and does not label if vegan - ask your server.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by BertH

Oyster- and fishsauce in 'vegetarian' curries - Edit

Nice, cozy restaurant in a basement. We were excited about the curries but accoarding to the staff, the curries are not vegan because they contain fishsauce. I told them that they are also not vegetarian but they told us vegetarians order them all the time. The staff helped us pick something suitable from the menu and we had great meal in the end.

Pros: Helpfull staff, Vegan options, cozy ambiance

Cons: Fishsauce in curries

vegetarian curry over here is not vegetarian. - Edit

We decided to eat over here with meat eating family. As a vegan I was happily surprised they have vegan options according to happy cow.
I looked at the vegetarian menu and saw a lot of curry's. Yummy, I love curry's.
I discussed what to eat with the waiter. Yummy, my favorite thai curry.
After some time he came back from the kitchen to tell me that the curry paste used in the vegetarian menus contain shrimps. Bummmmmeeerrr.... :-( I told him this should not be on the vegetarian menu.
The soup was delicious and they where willing to veganize all the vegetarian wok options and I did have a tasty menu. But no curry unfortunately.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-11

Pros: they are willing to discuss what to make, You can take your meat eating friends.

Cons: vegetarian curry over here is not vegetarian., they serve meat.

Return to Deventer Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.