Le Pain Quotidien

( 1 review )

Markt 75, Wemmel, Belgium, 1780

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes as well as vegan ones (denoted). Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, European, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by KennyVdm

Great food, but not so great experience - Edit

Me and my girlfriend went there for an early dinner, around 6pm. (they close at 7, but accept tables until 6:30).
We ordered fresh lemonades, I had a vegetables curry, and she ordered a falafel bowl.
Both dishes were really great, however we were both still hungry after finishing them. (A shame, since it's not a cheap meal.) My meal came with a sidedish of bread, which had a packet of non-vegan butter, and a questionable yoghurt dip. This is unfortunate because my meal was advertised as 100% vegan on the menu.
Around 18:45 we both wanted to order a piece of pie/cake because we were still hungry, but we were refused, and told to leave because they were closing at 7pm.

Despite the very tasty and high quality food, the small portion compared to the price, and especially the rude refusal to serve us a dessert that would extend our stay by only 10 minutes, I would not go back here.

Pros: High Quality Food, Clearly marked Vegan Options

Cons: High price compared to portion, Less suitable for dinner, staff kicks you out 15min before closing

Return to Wemmel Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.