Le Pain Quotidien - Shibakouen

( 1 review )
3-64304157

3-3-1 Shibakoen, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes as well as vegan ones (denote by carrot sign). Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, European, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by askyla

Not as good as Le Pain in other countries - Edit

This Le Pain was OK, they have of course a lot of vegetarian bread products and sweets, but also a great deal with meat. I didn't see any of the vegan rolls or cakes I usually do at my local Le Pains.

Finding bead products is pretty easy in Japan anyway, but I was interested in the fare I'm familiar with from the Le Pains in California, New York, and London which include avocado tartines, lentil and tomato soup, fruit and quinoa bowls, etc.

While they did have the same array of coffees drinks available, there wasn't much fresh fruit anywhere and what they did have was incredibly expensive (a parfait was nearly double the price it usually is). They had about one veggie option per menu category, which I've included a photo of.

Overall I understand getting fresh produce in Japan will be expensive, but it was still disappointing to see familiar items either missing or raised in price.

Pros: there are a lot of pastry options, familiar coffee selection

Cons: much more expensive than usual , far fewer main course and side options

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien - Shibakouen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.