Le Pain Quotidien - St. Honore

Contact +33-142963170

18, place du Marché St. Honoré, Paris, France, 75001

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes as well as vegan ones (denote by carrot sign). Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by jcberger

Great Breakfast - Edit

I was worried that I wouldn't have many alternatives for breakfast on a Sunday morning in Paris, especially an early one but this branch was open. We had the porridge and the raspberry parfait, both of which were tasty. It is great that they have vegan options and label them. Very impressed.

Great, Fresh, Tasty and Good Food - Edit

Even though they serve meat, Le Pain is one of my all time favourite restaurants not just in Paris. They manage to keep their standard high, the quality of the food is really good and then they have everything clearly labeled 'vegan' (I wish all restaurants would do that!) Their restaurants are ALWAYS busy, but the interior is nice and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Their botanic brunch is a fairly reasonable deal. Also the take-away option is much cheaper. They should label the food on the counter though.. in case someone like me does not know it by heart!
I don't even mind the fact that they are not vegetarian as that way I can go with my non-veg friends and they can accidentally taste the amazing cruelty-free food!

Pros: Fresh Produce, Large Choice of Vegan Dishes , Great Ambiance

solid, no frills, vegan friendly - Edit

Great atmosphere on a sort of plaza and very nice waitstaff. Menu has several vegan options, mostly salads with crudités, quinoa, lentils and hummus. Also nice for gluten free eaters...served with delicious seeded gluten free bread. Look forward to trying breakfast...

Pros: location and decor, wait staff, clear menu

Cons: limited options, no frills in terms of flavor

good simple vegan food - Edit

We had a vegan platter, of bread with various spreads. There were a hommus, creamed artichokes, beetroot spread, and an olive based spread. All were delicious. Service was good. We were early for lunch and got a seat without a booking, but some coming after us were turned away. Recommended

Pros: tasty vegan food, outdoor seating, good service

Cons: booking suggested

decent food, nice atmosphere - Edit

The best part of this place is that vegan options are clearly labeled, which is rare for Paris restaurants. They have menus in French and English.

I had a vegan vegetable soup, a "pot-au-feu" (like a stew with big chunks of veggies and quinoa), and a soy chai latte with cardamom for dessert (they also have a fruit cup). I enjoyed the ambiance, but the food was a little lackluster. It was fresh, though, as was the accompanying bread, and was pretty good after a good douse of salt.

This would be a great place to take a visiting non-vegan because there are plenty of options for veggies and omnivores, and it's pretty traditionally French. Between my dad and me we had two main dishes, a small soup, one dessert, and one latte for 30 euros. Not bad.

The service was slow and cold but hey, that's Paris.

Pros: vegan items labeled, nice atmosphere, decent prices

Cons: slightly bland

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien - St. Honore closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1608 times since Oct 2012.