CLOSED: Le Pain Quotidien - Gran Via

• ( 12 reviews )

C/ Gran Vía 46, Madrid, Spain, 28013

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table dining. Menu includes various vegan options which are denoted on menu. Sample vegan choices like Plant-based "egg" Frittata, Squash & Cashew Cheese Tartine, hummus and bread, customized salad, the day's soup, and plant milk for coffee. Reported closed April 2021.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, European, Breakfast, Non-veg

First Review by JessandChloe

sarahbeardvegan

Points +207

20 Feb 2019

Excellent vegan brunch

The vegan brunch is excellent - extremely filling. They also offered vegan croissants (best I’ve ever had) and at least 4 different vegan cakes and muffins. Plant milk options for hot drinks.

zrtx

Points +25

01 Jan 2019

Vegan/vegetarian brunch

Nice & pretty cheap vegan brunch that included dips, drinks, a salad, fresh fruit and dessert. Great coffee and bread.

Pros: Big portions

Cons: I didn’t like one of the dips..

restorenature

Points +389

27 Aug 2018

Not much forvegans

When going here they did not have many options for vegans and I found it expensive

Brngr

Points +163

20 Aug 2018

Really tasty

I didn't know Le Pain Quotidien could propose so much vegan options (pudding, croissant, muffin, pie, brunch, salad etc) I took the vegan Brunch: houmous, guacamole, taboulé, bread, croissant, fruits salad, chia raspberry pudding and granola, fresh orange juice and tea. It was really tasty and generous, as a french for me the croissant tasted like a non-vegan one (but fatless). I aslo took the vegan muffin banana-chocolate, really good too! A really nice place if you want to enjoy a moment with a non-vegan personn for exemple.

Pros: A lot of vegan options, cosy place , boulangerie (take away)

TomMillard

Points +48

17 Jul 2018

Disappointing

Menu looked decent, so was hopeful. Went for the vegan brunch, which whilst was a big portion, was a tale of two halves: 1) the sweet aspects were very nice; and 2) the savoury aspects were bland, I literally felt like I was eating it for the sake of it. So the food was so so, but throw in miserable service that seemed to ignore us for ages after we had finished eating and we were left with a lousy experience.

Pros: Some of the food was very nice, Okay range of vegan options , Portion sizes quite large

Cons: Some of the food was not very nice , Expensive , Not the best service

LeFunks

Points +4673

06 Nov 2017

Nice unexpected suprise

I was a little suspicious when I stopped by with some family to have a coffee. I couldn't have been more wrong: there's a wide range of vegan options for breakfast, lunch/brunch or just an afternoon coffee, all of them properly labelled in the menu. I wish other places claiming themselves to be vegan-friendly had half the choices here.

Pros: wide range of vegan options, centrally located

Cons: a bit pricey

Palmapiteira

Points +63

12 Sep 2017

Le pain quotidien

The staff was nice and the space is very cozy. I've had the granola yogurt with fruits for breakfast. It was good but the prices are a bit expensive.

Pros: Nice staff , Variety, Cozy

Cons: A bit expensive

JamesJackson

Points +52

11 Aug 2017

Vegan brunch

Good food and good service very quick, it is just a little expensive

Pros: Really good quality food and easy to order

Cons: A bit overpriced

NaamaCohen

Points +58

16 Jul 2017

Great!

Fresh veggies, few vegan organic options. They don't speak English but in the menu there is Vegan mark

Tasha2103

Points +43

Mostly Veg
22 Mar 2017

Great options!

They have some awesome vegan options on the menu but the staff don't seem to understand the importance

BesianNuellari

Points +60

01 Jan 2017

Not really Vegan friendly

If you go there and ask for smth vegan u have to re ask if they are sure because they dont really pay attention to what they give you. We asked for vegan brunch and part of the food was not vegan. We only understood it the day after because with the same vegan brunch they gave us different croissants than we asked. So I would totally not recommend it.

Cons: Not caring of what they serve you

JessandChloe

Points +105

17 Dec 2016

Buenas opciones

Situado en pleno centro de Madrid, es una panadería que dispone de un salón para comer. Tiene opciones vegetarianas y veganas para comer, desayunar, tomar un aperitivo...precios asequibles pero altos en comparación con otros lugares.

Pros: ubicación , comida buena

Cons: precios

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien - Gran Via closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1942 times.