Le Pain Quotidien

Contact +32-92241879

Kalandeberg 10, Ghent, Belgium, 9000

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes, a few vegan items, vegan muffin, and coffee with soya milk--all marked. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-7:00pm, Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, European, Non-veg

First Review by Petesternz

Good Backup Place - Edit

Visited in October 2016.

If you've been to Le Pain Quotidien (LPQ) before, then you know that they are basically the same (same food, same interior). Vegan items are marked with a carrot sign.

This one is conveniently located in the city center, and it was one of the few breakfast options we had for Sunday.
We had a porridge, which was good; but perhaps it could've been a bit more.
Different from LPQ's in France, in Belgium they give you a chocolate with your coffee, which is nice. :)

In this branch, the staff was friendly and attentive.

There are always many choices for vegans, so it's a good back-up place.

Pros: vegan options, location, friendly staff

Cons: not fully vegan

Great breakfast! Tasty food! Tad expensive. - Edit

We went there this morning and they have a very large menu with lots of vegan options (indicated by the small carrot).

We had the avocado toast and the 'menage a trois'. The toast was crunchy with a tasty avocado/guac spread. Topped with some carrot and beet. The 'menage a trois' consisted of six large pieces of bread with three different speads (guac, hummus and beet). All very tasty and fresh! We also had two 'detox' drinks.

All in al a great breakfast in the morning sun. Both dishes ran around €10,- a piece. The drinks were a bit expensive at €5,- a piece, but I guess that's the price of fancy drinks (there were plenty cheaper options available) :) Will definitely recommend!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Detailed menu, Great food

Cons: Tad expensive

Bubbly modern lunch cafe - Edit

Vegan and vegetarian options - also in pastries. The bread is freshly baked and it is really good. The ambiance is great. On the first floor there's a big table in the middle if you're with a big group or if you are alone and want to join other people.

One of the only places in town where you can enjoy a vegan lunch on sunday.

Pros: Open on sunday, Fresh baked bread

Cons: It can be crowded

Tasty vegan menu available - Edit

We visited a few times for lattes and once for breakfast.

I tried the oatmeal and avocado toast. Both were really tasty, I would definitely go back. Their bread board with jams is also a nice breakfast option.

It is cute, nicely decorated and has friendly staff. I love to see chains offering dedicated vegan menus!

Pros: Tasty food, Separate vegan menu, Nice atmosphere

Loved it!!! - Edit

Perhaps my favourite place in Ghent, though that's probably because I am a sucker for beautiful cafes with wood flooring, wood benches and a communal atmosphere. Great coffee, the best bread I had in Belgium, and a vegan friendly menu certainly helps. To be clear, the menu has only one or two clearly demarcated vegan options - and the prices are not cheap. But I really didn't care. Everything was of such high quality, and the atmosphere so lovely (in the heart of Ghent) that I fell in love with this beautiful spot, and you will too, if you visit. There are at least two vegan dishes, and they have a vegan chocolate spread (real treat). I enjoyed a simple baguette (delicious) with jams (try the marvellous Morello Cherry) and coffee, and would go back in a heartbeat. Loved this place. Again, if Happy Cow allowed it, I'd give it five cows, but this is not permitted with veggie-friendly places. They have English and French menus - ask.

Pros: Atmosphere, friendly service

Cons: Pricey

Return to Ghent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1814 times since Oct 2011.