Le Pain Quotidien

• Veg-friendly
Contact +32-92241879

Kalandeberg 10, Ghent, Belgium, 9000

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes, a few vegan items, vegan muffin, and coffee with soya milk--all marked.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, European, Non-veg

First Review by Petesternz

Bubbly modern lunch cafe - Edit

Vegan and vegetarian options - also in pastries. The bread is freshly baked and it is really good. The ambiance is great. On the first floor there's a big table in the middle if you're with a big group or if you are alone and want to join other people.

One of the only places in town where you can enjoy a vegan lunch on sunday.

Pros: Open on sunday, Fresh baked bread

Cons: It can be crowded

Tasty vegan menu available - Edit

We visited a few times for lattes and once for breakfast.

I tried the oatmeal and avocado toast. Both were really tasty, I would definitely go back. Their bread board with jams is also a nice breakfast option.

It is cute, nicely decorated and has friendly staff. I love to see chains offering dedicated vegan menus!

Pros: Tasty food, Separate vegan menu, Nice atmosphere

Loved it!!! - Edit

Perhaps my favourite place in Ghent, though that's probably because I am a sucker for beautiful cafes with wood flooring, wood benches and a communal atmosphere. Great coffee, the best bread I had in Belgium, and a vegan friendly menu certainly helps. To be clear, the menu has only one or two clearly demarcated vegan options - and the prices are not cheap. But I really didn't care. Everything was of such high quality, and the atmosphere so lovely (in the heart of Ghent) that I fell in love with this beautiful spot, and you will too, if you visit. There are at least two vegan dishes, and they have a vegan chocolate spread (real treat). I enjoyed a simple baguette (delicious) with jams (try the marvellous Morello Cherry) and coffee, and would go back in a heartbeat. Loved this place. Again, if Happy Cow allowed it, I'd give it five cows, but this is not permitted with veggie-friendly places. They have English and French menus - ask.

Pros: Atmosphere, friendly service

Cons: Pricey

Return to Ghent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1590 times since Oct 2011.