Le Pain Quotidien

• Veg-friendly
Contact 909-480-4771

175 N Indian Hill Blvd, Claremont, California, USA, 91711

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes as well as vegan ones (denote by carrot sign).

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by ozzyprv

Not my favorite, but a few good things.... - Edit

This is a nice little stop, they stay open later than the other restaurants in the area so if you're walking around the village and enjoying an evening, it's a good place to wind up. You can eat inside or outside. Outside is nice because occasionally they'll have music on Friday nights to enjoy, and everyone comes and sits in the square with their dogs and kids and listen to music. There are also a lot of cute little shops around this restaurant. One of them is full of items completely hand made, so if you stop, definitely check out the other stores around the area.

They have a few vegan options on their menu. My favorite is the hummus and olive platter. I don't prefer most of the food, (next time I'm going to see if they can toast the sandwich bread and if this will make a difference) but we will eat here every once in a while with a friend or before a movie date with my husband. We usually have a glass of wine and an appetizer.

One thing that is really nice, is their vegan blueberry muffin. The top of the muffin is a bit toasty and I love that they have a few large sprinkles of sugar on top. It's a nice treat. Sometimes we'll have a muffin to enjoy in the movie theater next door during the movie.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Friday night entertainment, Relaxing

Cons: Food is a hit and miss

Tasteless - Edit

My fiancée and I were coming back from a hike in Mt. Baldy and thought we'd stop in Claremont to get vegetarian/vegan food. The Loving Hut was closed until 5pm and two doors done was this place. It's atmosphere is cute and rustic... We tried the Black Bean Hummus tartine. It was $10 and just tasted like mushed black beans spread on sub par bread. Nothing to write home about and we were so disappointed that if we weren't so hungry we would have sent it back and got out of there. There was one other veg tartine (fancy name for a few small pieces of bread with spread on it) but I'm guessing it may have been just as disappointing. Pass if you like good flavours.

Cons: Overpriced , generic

Nice and open bakery looking place - Edit

I came to this place not knowing what to expect. They have several vegan option on the menu. Service was good, although they were out of beer....
The name fits well, the bread is awesome.

Pros: several vegan option on the menu

Cons: out of beer

Return to Claremont Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1181 times since Jul 2012.