Le Pain Quotidien

Contact +32-025022361

Rue A. Dansaert 16, Brussels, Belgium,

Serves meat, vegan options available. International restaurant chain featuring organic artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes and a few vegan ones plus a vegan muffin. Food service stops 1 hour before closing. Many locations in Belgium. Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm, Sun 7:30am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Julie26

Great place for brunch - Edit

This is a lovely place to go for brunch. It has a whole selection of the menu that is organic and vegan. I had a great veg stew with quinoa, rustic bread with hummus and a vegan apple cinnamon muffin. Nice vibes too.

Pros: Selection of vegan dishes and baked goods, Nice vibes , Reasonably priced

Cons: Slow service

Great Pot au Feu - Edit

Had a vegan "Pot auf Feu" which was very tasty and even the portion looked small, it is more than enough even if you're very hungry ;). The ingredients were fresh, the staff was very friendly and the place is cosy.

Pros: Freshness, Vegan food labelled on the menu, Cozy place

Cons: A little bit overpriced

amazing! - Edit

If you want a cozy/tumblr-ish Brunch, that's the place to be! The menu clearly states which dish is vegan which is great, the food is amazing! I went there as a non vegan once for breakfast and even if it was expensive I was so satisfied with the food! Then I went there as a vegan and I loved it, the plate presentation also makes a great combination for blogger who take pictures of their foods ( instagramers out there!).

Pros: quality food, Great bread

Cons: €€€

Too claustrophobic for me - Edit

I like the Le Pain restaurants in Amsterdam so thought I'd try one of the Brussels venues too, and chose this one as it was mid- morning and it had been recommended to me for breakfast. Trouble is – breakfast seems to be so popular there that I had to give up and go to a different one of the chain for an early lunch instead. The small seating area was almost full, and blocked by the take-away queue, with both staff and customers pushing through roughly. Perhaps the food is great, but I knew I wouldn't be able to relax in such a busy place, and from what I observed, the service was rather slow. I'd recommend arriving at opening time, or perhaps later in the day is quieter, or perhaps I was juts unlucky! With regards to vegan options, the daily blackboard had only the soup and drinks marked as vegan – I couldn't get a look at the regular menu, but the take-away menu didn't have that much for vegans.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 18, 2014

Pros: location, long opening hours

Cons: size, vegan options

Clearly marked vegan items - Edit

I went to the branch in Rue des Sablons 11. There the vegan items were clearly marked on the menu and soya milk was available. I just had coffee with soya milk, so cannot comment on the quality of their food but at least it seems they improved their menus for vegans.

Pros: vegan items clearly marked, soya milk

Family style - Edit

A small room with a huge table in the middle and small tables on the sides plus two small tables outside: The efficient service provides you with bread and you help yourself with the delicious spreads available on the tables. The family style, the simplicity of the room, and the good food made us feel at home.

Pros: good value, efficient service, free choice of spreads

Vegan Muffins - Edit

They have the most amazing vegan muffins (Blueberry and Apple Cinnamon) and some other vegan options (all indicated with a little carrot on their menu). Unfortunately, their staff isn't always the nicest and some have never even heard of the word 'vegan'. Another negative is that they don't serve any rice or soy milk (only cow's milk). It's also a bit pricey (and even more expensive when you eat in).

Pros: great vegan muffins, vegan food indicated

Cons: price, staff

Return to Brussels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Pain Quotidien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3098 times since Jul 2011.