Le Fate

Via San Zanobi 126r (at Via delle Ruote), Florence, Italy, 50129

In early-2015 relocated from Borgo Allegri 9 and menu is now vegan. The menu is associated with astrology, so every Zodiac sign has a special dish. Wi-fi and relaxing music.

Category: Vegan, Italian

First Review by Flori Green

Not worth it - Edit

There was no music at all when we went.
They brought us hummus with baked potato crisps as a starter which was very nice, but only 4 chips.
I think the whole 'astrology' thing is very pretentious and boring, the guy spent 5 minutes explaining the whole thing.
The meals were HUGE, which explains the 25 euro per meal.
The food was okay, mum complained about there being too many different flavours on one plate.
The bread was completely dry and hard and horrible.

Pros: Big meal, Nice food

Cons: No atmosphere, Over-priced, Horrible bread

Very cool, very pricey. - Edit

The service was amazing. The waiters were very attentive.
The menu was brilliantly put together.
The portions were a bit small but very delicious.
It is very pricey, so if you want a night out on the more expensive side then this is great.

Pros: Great service., Amazing concept., Delicious food.

Cons: Very expensive. , Small portions.

Incredible Experience - Edit

My experience was similar to the two other five star reviews. The waiter and staff were so lovely and friendly. The dish I had for dinner had so many different and amazing flavours. Nothing negative to say. Would absolutely come here again.

AWESOME PLACE - Edit

Wow! This place was so great! You can choose the meal that matches your star sign and both my mum and I loved ours. It was presented beautifully, fast service and the staff were so friendly. We don't speak Italian so making a reservation over the phone was a challenge, I'd recommend going in to make a reservation if you can. I think they tell you about your star sign after the meal, however as we didn't know what the owner was saying, it was more of a charade game! The dessert the best I had in Florence- a crumble layered with vegan cream, yum!

Pros: delicious food , A full experience , very kind staff

Cons: The Music played in the restaurant!

Expensive but Tasty - Edit

The price is anything but "moderate" as the write-up here claims. By far this was the most expensive meal I've had in Florence.

That aside, the wait staff was friendly and helpful. Food was good and had a gourmet presentation. Wish I could upload a photo. I give it 4 stars for the price. While it is one of the tastiest options in town and the gourmet food presentation is enjoyable, it is possible to find other cheaper places that I personally consider a better value.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly

Cons: Expensive

Won't try again - Edit

I went there without reservation, but as I was alone and came at 7:30, right when they would open, I was hoping this would not be a problem.
But it was. It was 7:30, I tried to enter, but the doors were close. And remained close. The two people just meters behind the glass doors must have seen me or heard when I tried to open the door, but they didn't even bother to tell me something like sorry, we're booked out today, or sorry, not without reservation. I waited for another 10 minutes then left to another restaurant.
So, I can't say anything about the food at Le Fate. And I guess I won't try again. When I passed the restaurant 1,5 hour later, there was just one of about 10 or so tables I could se occupied, while the other place where I had eaten had been full to the brim.

Pros: claims to be vegan

Cons: not very welcoming ;)

trancendent... - Edit

I was in Florence for 11 days, and when I finally made the leap to try Le Fate, I only ate here the rest of the trip, 3 days in a row.

Really, if you are in Florence only a short time ---- go here for dinner (at or after 8pm) to receive the totally vegan astrology meal. It will blow your mind. Even if you are not in to astrology or know anything on the topic. Imagine going to a restaurant where someone will assess the perfect meal for you just by a few questions or looking at you and making a guess on what you need. Being an outsider to Italian culture, and only in the city for a short time, this is the perfect opportunity to experience the best flavors of the culture, without translating every menu item to try and asses what you want to eat.

The flavors here are so beautiful, there was never any over powering ingredients, very balanced, mysterious, and surprising. I had a Brussels sprout salad with marinated hazel nuts, and enchiladas with pumpkin tortillas. The meal was totally original, and something I would have never imagined until I was in the experience.

I could really write for days on my feeling about this restaurant, this is only the initial urge to alert fellow vegan of this amazing moment that shouldn't be over looked.

Pros: 100% vegan, authentic cultural flavors

Cons: I'm in love

It was OK, nothing special - Edit

We ate lunch here so we did not get to try the "astrological" menu that they serve for dinner, so maybe this is a limited view. On the other hand, we were not enough impressed at lunch to return for the dinner the next day, even though we considered it. Instead we opted to go back to a different restaurant that we enjoyed more. There were some vegan choices. I had some kind of frittata, spinach, and I don't even remember the other side dish that I had. My spouse doesn't remember what he ate other than roasted potatoes as a side dish, so it means he was not overwhelmed. This is last week! It was all OK, but nothing special. The bread was served as little bite-sized pieces - not clear what that was about.

Pros: some vegan choices

Cons: not that impressive

Great experience! - Edit

Comment coming from a non-végan yet person:
"The food is like Christian, the chef, simple and complex at the same time! So enjoyable! The kind of memories you want to take back home with you :)
Thank you Christian! It was a pleasure to meet you and discover a part of you through your food. See you next time with friends."

Pros: Gorgeus food , Atmosphere, Central Location

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Fate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4080 times since Dec 2013.