First Review by HappyGina

Dairy-free selection, helpful staff - Edit

I really loved this one. When I went they had a couple of vegan flavors (I'm guessing soy-based) and chocolate and fruit sorbets. When I ordered vegan hazelnut, the guy taking my order asked if I was vegan and was very helpful (and spoke English), and he indicated that on the list of flavors that day, one whole column were all dairy-free.

Excellent gelato, but why is this place on Happycow? - Edit

I went to the place looking for a good vegan gelato.
I found a really excellent, natural one, but I wonder why is this place on the list.
There are no specific vegan options, apart from fruit flavors, which is what you can get in almost any Gelateria, and dark chocolate.
I really enjoyed the place and gelato, so I would rate it four stars on any other platform.

Pros: Fresh, natural gelato

Cons: very few vegan options

THE BEST gelato in Florence!!! - Edit

I sort of wish I didn't write reviews about any other gelato that I tried while in Florence, because now I would like to take them all back! hahaha

LE BOTTEGHE DI LEONARDO GELATO IS THE BEST!!!!!!!! No joke. Once I tasted this natural, fresh gelato, that was it!!! No going back to other chemically gelato.

Being a vegan, I was trying all kinds of gelatos ("senza latte" -without milk) and there were definitely some that I enjoyed. However, after eating at the various gelato shops, I kept getting this weird coating on the roof of my mouth, which was so gross. When I tried the dark chocolate gelato at Le Botteghe di Leonardo, it was a whole different ballgame! SO clean, SO fresh, SO rich and so delicate. And no weird coating. I asked Francesco (the kind and handsome gelato server, that came to know me by name pretty quickly) what that weird coating was and he said "chemicals". Makes sense because this place is TOTALLY chemical free and AMAZING!!

The peach flavor mixed with the dark chocolate is my absolute favorite!! You will not find that bright colored (fake) gelato here. Francesco also told me that they only use in-season fruits and it's all totally fresh. They also have gluten-free cones, but they are not vegan so I never tried them.

Try for yourself! You will totally see the difference as soon as you taste it!!! And tell him Gina (the vegan from Florida) misses him and his gelato!!

Pros: SOOOO fresh and natural, clean, modern and adorable shop!, Francesco! :D

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Botteghe di Leonardo Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.