International
Delivery
Take-out
European
Fusion

Plant-based cafe and wine bar offering lunch and dinner foods. Extensive selection with everything from mezze and fusion bowls to soups and salads. One of several outlets in NYC and Belgium, this one est. 2019. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Le Botaniste - GCE
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Plantpowereddan

jisephusjotta

Points +37

Mostly Veg
19 Nov 2023

Tibetan mama

Delicious bowl of brown rice, broccoli and the best coconut peanut sauce ever. Topped with kimchi and fresh herbs.

24 Nov 2023

Thank you for your review. Looks like you discovered our Tibetan Mama. We hope to see you soon for more organic vegan meals.

CarlValentin

Points +498

07 Nov 2023

Good

Food was served really fast and was pretty good. Nice it is organic and had brown rice and lots of healthy options.

09 Nov 2023

Thank you and happy to see you had a great organic plant-based dining experience.

CliveHughes

Points +237

09 Oct 2023

Fast and Tasty

I had dinner here yesterday evening after a long flight. It's a buffet style although they serve it to you so it's quick. I had a chilli bowl which was really good. Generous portion but not too much either.

Pros: Fast, Friendly , Tasty

veganqueenofqueensnyc

11 Oct 2023

12 Oct 2023

Thank you for your lovely words. We are happy you enjoyed organic vegan dining experience with us.

MollyHurley

Points +23

26 Sep 2023

super fresh & flavorful

loved everything! went here twice in a 5 day nyc trip. lots of clean, healthy, organic options. Enjoyed making my own bowl, the pasta bolo, and a chocolate chip pecan cookie.

Pros: healthy, organic, flavor

ADRIANPITTS

Points +156

15 Aug 2023

Delicious and beautiful

Super tasty food, lovely staff and a gorgeous setting

Pros: Food, Choice, Service

28 Aug 2023

Thank you and see you for more plant power.

portiii

Points +525

02 Aug 2023

Delicious vegan bowls

The restaurant has delicious vegan and healthy bowls. I had the vegan chilli and enjoyed it a lot! Would have loved to try more dishes.

14 Aug 2023

Hi there, thank you for visiting. We hope to see you for more organic vegan bowls.

Fortegao

Points +58

Vegetarian
07 May 2023

Excellent food

Very tasty food and good information about the dishes

08 May 2023

Thank you Fortegao. Happy to see you enjoyed our organic plant powered menu.

IsabelaMonteiro

Points +546

14 Apr 2023

Not for coffee

We went there for coffee and deserts, and it was a mistake. Coffee was so bad that we didn’t finish it, I think the barista left our milk to burn while operating the cashier. Brownie was okay. Not very friendly staff, but I guess this is an issue overall in nyc.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-14

24 Apr 2023

Hi Isabela, thank you for your review!
We have good news, we have a new drinks and desserts menu coming up and we are sure it will WOUAW you! Take care.

Angelo23

Points +156

04 Apr 2023

Excellent flavors and value

We had lunch here 3 times during a recent trip since it was conveniently close to where we stayed. Each time we ordered different items and enjoyed them all. If I lived/worked nearby I'd probably eat here 3-4 times a week. Great prices for organic and vegan food that comes with plenty of flavor and nutrition.

05 Apr 2023

Waouw! Thank you Angelo.
So happy we had contribute to your trip and you enjoyed our organic, plant-based food!

pauldub

Points +304

31 Mar 2023

Tasty desserts

A friend and I stopped in for dessert and we got the Omega 3 Brownie and Red Fruit Chia Pudding, both very nice.

The brownie was the size of a mini cupcake and came with a tasty vanilla cashew cream sauce. It had a rich chocolatey flavour and a nice consistency (leaning more towards cake-like than fudgey, FYI). The pudding had a great mellow coconut flavour contrasted nicely by the tangy fruit topping. I'd be happy getting either dessert again, or both!

Like the other locations, this one had a pretty interior and nice staff. One thing I really, really appreciate about Le Botaniste is their use of proper vessels and cutlery, not the throwaway kind which is becoming all too normal. Vegans spare animals by not eating them but that shouldn't give us a free pass to destroy their homes for our convenience!

Pros: Good variety of tasty whole foods options, Nice ambience and staff, Reusable vessels and cutlery

Cons: Dessert portions a bit small

MichaelJakubek

Points +248

21 Feb 2023

Le Idealiste

$7.09 for a chia seed pudding with berries, $4.19 for 300ml of turmeric and agave lemonade. Other things, main meals, on the menu cost around $15. Finally a place in New York that deserves 5 stars without any context. This place by itself is just perfect at what it does. Most warm ingredients are kept warm at a frontal stove the customers can see and choose from, and fresh ingredients are kept in chilled bowls. This means you get the food fast, but it is not fast-food at all. They have beautiful dishes and silverware. No stupid plastic, paper, or straws. Everything is house-made and organic. The employees are young, energetic (I came at 7:30pm!), friendly, and willing to explain. The place is beautiful and has an atmosphere: the employees have a dress code and the place has a theme of an apothecary or an old-school drug store. Both the dessert and lemonade were very tasty and not too sweet at all. They actually tasted like home-made slow-made foods! Excellent!

27 Feb 2023

Yeah! Thank you for this amazing review of your organic plant-based meal😄See you soon and thank you from our team!

VanessaFeitosa

Points +73

29 Jan 2023

Lots of vegan options.

Delicious food, many choices, friendly service and reasonable prices.

They take their time to explain the options. I think it’s such a cute place to eat.

Just go! 😊 #Veganuary

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-29

30 Jan 2023

Thank you for your review, and big up to our team.

klicciardi

Points +50

06 Jan 2023

Absolutely love!

Fun “apothecary” concept. Every item is delicious and they have nice wines too. Non vegans enjoy it, you can take them here too.

30 Jan 2023

Thanks a lot! Always happy to host the no-vegans crowds!

elisapDC

Points +37

30 Dec 2022

Lovely fast dinner in midtown

Great vegan dinner on way to other events. We tried the tagine, chili and vegan bolognese, and the chili won the taste test.

Pros: Variety of vegan options great for families, Atmosphere conjures an old apothecary in best way, Dessert and tea

Cons: High tops meh for dinner, Need more tea options

30 Jan 2023

Thank you for your review. Glad you tried so many delicious things and enjoy it all.

GrayHorwitz

Points +1647

28 Dec 2022

Good food and nice cafe but too expensive

Nothing to complain about except the price feels way too high for what you get. Friendly service though.

WalterReed

Points +93

17 Oct 2022

Tasty!!

I was in NY on business and stumbled across this gem!! The Tibetan Momma (curry bowl) was delicious! Also, the Omega 3 brownie was so decadent (make sure you get the cashew crème)!!!” I only wish I was here longer so I could try other items!!

Pros: Delicious clean food, Great portions, Decent price

Cons: None that come to mind!

marky_mark

Points +19499

16 Oct 2022

Too relaxed

In the middle of town at Grand Central. A little on the expensive side. Ratatouille should really not be served over salad as a bowl dish (but separately). Too much garlic; better ask repeatedly in case you dislike garlic. Around 70 seats inside. Staff *very* relaxed, better be super clear about your preferences. They will try to make a salad bowl which really makes no sense for chili sin carne & ratatouille at all (or put it over noodles). Also, tsasiki on ratatouille is weird. Why? Chocolate mud is good. Sushi seems not to be freshly prepared.

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-16

brunni

Points +117

13 Oct 2022

i just loved it!

if you are into healthy, exceptional, tasty vegan food go there! its the best!

ZeOtavio

Points +337

19 Sep 2022

Great food - fully vegan

They have several options for all tastes. And I really loved the food.

Pros: Fully vegan, Lots of options, Fair price

Cons: Busy

DeboraErbivora

Points +57

16 Sep 2022

Good quality, good selection, healthy feel

Good selection of healthy vegan dishes including desserts. It was packed at lunch hour but service remained efficient and friendly

johnba712

Points +135

08 Sep 2022

Very nice, just expensive

The service was very quick and friendly, and I did enjoy the meal, it was just quite expensive for what it was.

Pros: Lots of options, Nice desserts

Cons: Expensive

AleksandraVučić

Points +83

Vegetarian
05 Sep 2022

Amazing 🥰❤️👌

Loved coconut curry and side salad with white wine ❤️✨

Pros: Great vegan options, Tasty, Environment is pretty

11 Jun 2022

Bonjour Monsieur le botaniste :)

There is vegan food and there is VEGAN food. Such a feel good place. Atmosphere, menu, staff.... You leave this restaurant with the good feeling of having eaten delicious and healthy food. Treat yourself!

BritRose

Points +106

14 Apr 2022

Love

I come to get lunch here pretty often. Everything I have had so far has been really good and fresh. I love the veggie sushi roll with the ginger velvet dressing and saffron aioli and the young coconut ceviche. The botanical salad also had good flavor.

MorganZach

Points +681

10 Sep 2021

Yum!

Really cool people! Food was good too! It wasn't filling enough for the price unfortunately. I wish I had more time to go through their menu!

Pros: Fully vegan

Cons: A little pricey

GROWHEREYOUAREPLANTED

08 Jun 2022

amberrosemag

Points +392

01 Sep 2021

Delicious bowl

Lots of great looking options. I went with Tibetan mama bowl and it was a great blend of tangy, savoury and fresh!

DanBlinn

Points +153

10 Mar 2020

Great spot for lunch

Was staying nearby and stopped ip for lunch. Despite being height of lunch hour, there were open seats Quick, fresh, well presented, and tasty. Person who took order suggested the Tibetan Mama bowl. Did not disappoint!

Pros: All vegan, Healthy items, Quick service

Cons: A bit pricey