Le Bistrot de l'ile

Contact +33-240479235

17 rue de la Tour d'Auvergne, Nantes, France, 44200

Offering 100% vegetarian food since Sept 2013. Uses organic and local products. It is possible to have a full vegan lunch - from starter to dessert - with 1 day advance reservation. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm, Fri 7:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, French

First Review by wushu

Delicious!! - Edit

The owner was super friendly and nice, and he also spoke English so that was helpful since I do not speak a lot of French. The food was delicious, I loved everything I had. There weren’t a lot of options but it was all vegan-friendly so I enjoyed that. I also had the hot chocolate with rice milk and it was perfect! I’m definitely glad I found this place!

Pros: vegan-friendly, good atmosphere, excellent food

Un excellent restaurant - Edit

Je viens de lire les premiers avis et je suis tombée de haut car je pense que nous ne parlons pas du même resto !!! Le propriétaire et oui il est aussi le cuisinier est vraiment sympathique et prévenant avec ses clients. Sa cuisine est délicieuse et absolument pas fade (perso je suis végane et je n'ai pas besoin de "fausse viande" pour bien manger!!). Je recommande chaudement cette adresse.

Pros: produits bio, locaux et de saisons, atmosphère agréable et douce

Cons: y en a pas !!

Bon et agréable - Edit

Nous avons très bien mangé dans ce petit resto sympathique ; produits frais et bien cuisinés, je trouve agréable de pouvoir manger sain et équilibré dans un restaurant! Le patron, qui se démène pour servir et satisfaire tout le monde, est très accueillant. Merci à lui pour avoir fait autant apprécier la cuisine vegan à ma maman!!

Super restaurant avec beaucoup de couleurs! - Edit

Le Bistrot de l'île est un restaurant avec beaucoup de charme qui est vraiment super! Il y a beaucoup de couleurs dans le restaurant, les repas sont très bons et presque tout est végétalien! Il y a aussi quelques desserts qui sont vraiment délicieux! Le chef est très sympathique! Ce n'est pas cher et les enfants qui n'ont pas encore 12 ans ne doivent payer que la moitié du prix, même qu'ils obtiennent les mêmes portions! C'est vraiment fantastique et délicieux!

Good Little restaurant - Edit

The restaurant is a bit hard to find in the city but it worth going to. The owner is very friendly and knows how to make you comfortable. There isn't many choices on the menu but it is enough for a vegan like me. You have the choice between 2 sort of starter and 3 sort of dessert. There is only 1 plat-du-jour as main course. The meal was tasty and colorful. It included red beans, salad, hummus, aubergine dip, and a sort of green spaghettis I don't know the name. There was also bread and water at will. The service was quick and courteous. The bill was approximatly 20€. Be carreful of the opening days and hours ! Only the lunch is available. It is closed the mondays.

Pros: Simplicity, Kindness, Good vegan meal

Cons: Opening days & hours, No many choices on the menu

Organic, healthy and local produce - Edit

I've tried this restaurant even if previous reviews on HappyCow were not very positive and I don't regret it. I agree with the fact that the food is simple and doesn't comprise tofu or faux-meat, but I found it tasty and not insipid at all. My girlfriend was also happy with her meal. The food is 100% organic and comes from local producers. It is fresh and homemade. We called to warn that we were vegan and the owner adapted his menu without any problem. The two entrées were vegan and good: a parnsip soup and a raw choucroute with apple slices and sunflower seeds. The main dish of the day included salads, sprouts, a dahl, raw choucroute, seeds and a dish-pie with vegetables and rice. We found it tasty and sufficient in terms of size. There was no vegan dessert that day but the owner proposed us a banana-vanilla smoothie made with soy milk. And this one was excellent! Prices were reasonnable for organic food: 13 euros for the main dish, 15,5 euros for the entrée and the main dish and 18 euros for entrées-main dish-dessert.

The place is pleasant and calm. You can borrow some games, and kids are very welcomed with books, games and pencils. The owner was very nice with us and serves quickly. If you are vegan, do not order the red beer Piautre: it contains honey! My girlfriend did but the owner nicely accepted to give her another beer that was vegan.

Even if the food choice is not huge, give it a try!

Pros: 100% organic and mainly local produce, friendly owner, pleasant place, central, vegan options upon request

Cons: few choice, no faux-meat (can be positive in fact)

Expensive and bad food. - Edit

I'm ok with wushu's review.
I have been in this restaurant once for a meeting for vegetarians and vegans.
The food is insipid, little portion and expensive.
For the dessert, we have (for vegans), few balls of melons, and that's it.
Very disappointing ! For a city like Nantes, it's a shame.

Pros: Nothing :/

Cons: Expensive, Small portion, Tasteless

disappointing - Edit

This is hardly a restaurant. There was one person (the cook/owner) standing there and preparing the dish of the day.

I ate some rice with some tomatoes which reminded me of the type of food I could cook when I come back home late and I'm too lazy to cook so I prepare something in 15min ...

No tofu or lentil or other protein source, nothing made me think that the place was an actual restaurant. There is a lack of cooking skill/knowledge with the vegetarian/vegan food.

This is a shame because Nantes is a rather large city and there was only that place listed on happycow.

A real disappointment, I won't go there again !

Cons: too simple, not tasty, expensive for what it was

Return to Nantes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Bistrot de l'ile closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.