First Review by gr8vegan

A great grab and go place - Edit

This place doesn't open on weekend:( because it kind of just serve people from the university cross the street. Food is all vegan and some raw vegan food:) I like their food :) so healthy and tasty:) I come to this place all the time:) there is a organic store next to it, so this is my most come place:) I wish they don't use plastic bowl or plate:( they already made all the food, so you just grad and go:) I like their pasta, indian dishes, and soup:) they have amazing desserts as well:)

Pros: Healthy, Fast, Not expensive

Cons: Not really a restaurant, Plastic plates and bowls

Cheap and tasty - Edit

The shop offers a weekly menu selection of 5 or 6 different hot items a day, all of which sounded delicious. We had the lasagna and it was excellent. Didn't try the deserts, but they looked quite good. The staff spoke English and the food was incredibly inexpensive. As already stated, it was very crowded and we had to eat standing up, but the food was so good it was worth it.

Pros: delicious, inexpensive, friendly staff

Cons: crowded

excellent value - Edit

Just been in at 12.30. It was busy but there were seats. I had the Lasanga and broccoli soup, very tasty and only cost 2.90 UK pounds about 1050 forint. Staff spoke English and helpful, Def recommend, will be back this week.

Pros: good food, inexpensive, central location

Cons: small, few seats

Le Budapest - Edit

Nice, small place in the city center. Smiling and helpful guy behind the counter speaking English. Very tasty. A little crowded place (sometimes you have to wait for seat). I would like to stay for longer but it's a place for fast eating. Very low prices. I recommend without doubt ;-)

Pros: tasty, price

Cons: it's so tiny.... ;-)

nice little fast food location - Edit

nice little "fast" food location in budapest! has weekly menus and different meals to choose from. Soups, cakes, etc. complete the weekly menues! in the evening small selection (naturally cause of the daily menu)! gerat place healthy good food

Pros: fast, cheap, tasty

Cons: selection

Great food - Edit

We bought a lasagne and a berry dessert and both was cheap and very delicious. Finding a place around lunch time will be a challenge but perfect to-go!
If you want to eat it on the way, ask for a heated portion as we got a cold lasagne when we said to take away. Still very delicious though :-)
See as well:

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

great place! worth checking out. - Edit

Small place, but great food and nice staff. The best option would be to grab the plate with everything for around 900huf. All the food is great and reasonably priced. The vegan desserts are worth checking out to.

:-)

Pros: great food, friendly staff

Cons: not much seating, service could be better

Good desserts, fresh juices, good value - Edit

What i liked most about Le-bar was the desserts and fresh juices. The hot food menu is a bit limited, but good. I came around 2:00 and it was half-empty so i had no trouble finding a seat.

Pros: Good desserts, fresh juices, all veagn

Unbeatable for value! - Edit

I had a very nice lunch here, which cost me only 950 HUF or about two pounds/three dollars. The next day I could have had lasagna for even less. I could not believe how cheap it was or how tasty for the money. I suppose they keep the price low to appeal to the many students across the street. I would happily eat there again.

Pros: Incredibly cheap, Nice variety of food, Quick and easy

Cons: Not much room inside, Paper plate and plastic cutlery

Simple and Good! - Edit

This is a small bar in front of the Hungarian National Museum and close to university, and it serves simple but well prepared food. Everything is vegan, but some deserts contain honey. The place is simple, food is served in disposable plastic and paper plates, but all the dishes and deserts I've eaten there were very tasty. It is simple, so they are really not English speakers, although the lady helped me her best - bring a dictionary or choose by the look! Be surprised! I recommend the food and the place, just don't expect it to be a restaurant for travelers.

Pros: tasty, cheap, easy

Cons: plastic utensils, small place, no english

did not like this place! - Edit

No english spoken!
Staff was realy unfriendly and hasty...
small portions...
I had a realy small salat and a cake for 1000 huf... I tried this cake, that was realy nice so I wanted to try more home and bought 2 other cakes. But the other 2 ones did not taste like anything. disgusting!
small place...I realy did not feel good here...
I dont want to go there ever!

Pros: vegan

Cons: expensive, disgusting, small

Inexpensive well located vegan lunch bar - Edit

We had a quick lunch here while walking around Budapest. The food was good, in particular the potatoes, and very inexpensive, we shared that "meal" for about 800 forints.

The place itself only had about 7 bar stools, and was very stuffy, but we went outside and ate on the steps next door. The best food was actually the desserts, which come from the health food store (it's actually all part of the same place).

I would check back in a few months, the manager of the store told me that they had rented another location down the street, and were planning on expanding the restaurant some time in the fall of 2012.

Pros: inexpensive, good food

Great place - Edit

we've been there yesterday and are absolutely satisfied and happy. Luckily we went to this place. I can't understand the bad refernces. The food is cheap and very very tasty. Had a big and fantastic cream cake ad a lot of other stuff that was just georgeous. It is a small place, yes, but I think one can live with that. The only thing I don't like is that they serve the food in plastic dishes what is very bad for environment.

Pros: Prize, Taste, Big offer

Cons: Small Place, Plastic dishes, Bad English

Really disappointing... - Edit

We had lunch at Le Bar twice during our stay in Budapest. The first visit was average, I guess - the food was okay but not great. The second visit though was hugely disappointing; everything tasted old and un-fresh. There were flies everywhere (on the food and the cakes, and in the juice). AND the woman behind the counter blew her nose directly over our food while preparing our order, which made me pretty disgusted. She couldn't speak any english either.

Pros: Very cheap

Cons: Un-fresh/old food, A lot of flies, No english spoken

Not that great - Edit

After reading the reviews that others had left, I was really excited to try this place out and it was incredibly convenient as it was located 350m from where I was staying. The first day was okay and I just ordered the "vegan menu" of potato, salad, buckwheat ball, spicy tofu and lentils for 850FT because the woman working spoke no English. It tasted okay but the salad was old and going brown. The following day, I went back and got the vegan menu again which, this time, was potato, a buckwheat ball, vegetable stew, spicy tofu (which was slightly burnt) and brown/old salad again. I also order an apple turnover - it was the only dessert/cake NOT covered in flies.... and it tasted quite old too. I got a "fresh" orange juice as well but it was made from old/expired oranges and there were fruit flies in it.
I guess it's an okay place to go if it's close by and you're desperately in need of vegan food - I know it's difficult to come by in Hungary! - but it's not worth going to if you're going there especially for that.

Pros: Vegan, Easy, Cheap

Cons: No English, Old food, Flies

Good Vegan Food - Edit

The place offers a wide selection of vegan dished from fast food to traditional Hungarian dishes. Ah and the desserts of course. There is a daily menu, and you can also order seperate dishes. The place is run by the organic food store just next to it. There are like 6 chairs inside so it is advised to take it out and eat it in the park just opposite the buffet (National Museum).
Prices are reasonable though the portions could be a bit larger, also I love eating spicy food, therefore, in my view the meals are a bit tasteless especially when it comes to tofu.
It gets really crowded at around lunch time. Staff does not speak English at all though you can just point on the meals you wish to eat. As for desserts I am not sure that everthing is vegan, I am a bit suspicious when it comes to that. It is always best to ask if it has honey in it.
All in all: location perfect, reasonable pricing, good vegan food

Pros: good location, easy to find, reasonable pricing, wide selection of meals

Cons: tiny place, English is not spoken

Best vegan lunch in town - Edit

If you are a vegan is Budapest, this is the best place for a quick, nutricious, inexpensive lunch. The daily offers are the best options, they consist of raw veggies, cooked veggies, a veggie or tofu burger, deliciously flavoured tofu and some wheat all in a huge porction for 850 HUF, but there are other meals as well, tofu burgers, salads, cakes,soup of the day, crackers pancaces, etc. The only problem with this palce is that it's a small buffee type of thing with only 6 chairs and two more places for standing. So take away is the best, you can eat your meal at the park of the National Museum just across the eatery. The staff doesn't speak much English and they are always hurried, but you can point at what you want. And they also serve freshly squized juices.

Pros: delicious food, very healthy, huge portions

Cons: small buffee, not so nice stuff

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Le-bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.