Lazuli

Shangani District, Stone Town (at Kenyatta Street), Zanzibar, Tanzania

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers several vegan items, including a chickpea curry, smoothies and juices. Small with a few tables. Chill music. Each meal is cooked to-order in a small kitchen. Located next to Dolphin Cafe and Stone Town Cafe. Open for lunch and dinner, coffee, tea and snacks. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Juice bar, African, Non-veg

First Review by Eclipser

Nice place and menu, but reality a bit different.. - Edit

The Lazuli is highly recommended on TripAdvisor so we had very big expectations, but maybe we were just unlucky.. We ordered some juices and mains. My vegan chickpea burger contained mayonnaise (even though upon order we asked a waiter whether the food was vegan). We had some other challenges such as waiting time which was over an hour only for 4 drinks.

The staff was friendly though, but for us it was definitely not a good experience. I believe we were just unlucky as the place had a such a good reputation. I hope it was just a bad day.

If you still decide to check it out, I would recommend to double-check about the ingredients upon order as it seems that they put mayonnaise in most of the foods. Also be probably ready for a long waiting time. Otherwise the place has a nice atmosphere, it's cozy and the prices are ok.

Pros: good location, cozy place, friendly staff

Cons: too long waiting time, not very tasty food , lack of understanding of vegan friendly

Nice place, needs more vegan awareness - Edit

Excellent blended juices, try mango + banana. Beware, the hummus is made with mayonnaise.

Return to Zanzibar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lazuli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.