First Review by Jessi F.

Rich faux meat dishes - Edit

We had veggie chicken pineapple in a thick coconut gravy and veggie beef basil with snow peas. They were delicious! And also high salt. A veggie paradise for comfort food.

Pros: Good food, Friendly people, Good value

Cons: Outdoor area not really set for eating

Very flavorful - Edit

This is my go-to restaurant when I go to San Jose, so I've probably been here four or five times now. There are lots of vegetarian options, and the style of the food is great. Though it certainly depends on where you are, I don't think there are a lot of Malaysian restaurants in the US. Someone from Malaysia described Malaysian food to me as combining the best of Indian, Thai, and Chinese food, and I think that was a pretty good way to get me to go to a Malaysian restaurant and find out there is some truth to that!

The quality and presentation of the food here is very good, and everything I tried is very flavorful. I absolutely love the veggie gado-gado appetizer, which is an assortment of veggies and tofu (either raw or slightly steamed) with sort of a pineapple-y peanut sauce - the sauce makes the dish, but the veggies and tofu are very refreshing. There are a few other vegetarian appetizers, and there are over a dozen vegetarian entrees. I've been especially fond of the veggie pineapple entree. The sauce, veggies, and meat substitute are vibrant, and I love that they serve it in the hollowed-out pineapple half. Same with the veggie mango - sweet and spicy, and served in sort of a hollowed mango boat.

When I leave, I always feel "good full," like in a nourished-way, and I feel like there was something a little fun about the food.

I've give this place a five-cow rating if that were allowed for a non-vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Vibrant food

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Layang Layang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.